Wotlk won't update

I cannot even click the “play” button for wotlk classic on battle.net because it needs an update, but the update has just said initializing for the past hour.

By the time it finally updates it, I will most likely have a queue time that is far too long to be able to play tonight.

Day two of Wotlk Launch and I haven’t been able to play one minute, not for a lack of trying.

4 Likes

As an update to anyone else experiencing the same, I restarted my computer and it updated normally. I do have a 12k queue tho, so still not playing tonight.

1 Like

same, game update is just stuck on Initializing

3 Likes

yup, also havine this issue right now. i have tried to delete battle.net but now when i try to reinstall, it says there is an error.

1 Like

Also stuck on updating.

I’m getting “An updated version of World of Warcraft is available. Please launch the Battle.net app to download the update.” and it updates then loops back to this error.

I’m on the same boat. Restarted my computer, ended the process from task manager and tried again. Has anyone found a work around?

Try switching to the beta Bnet launcher through the settings menu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.