WotLK Titan's Grip - Polearms

I’m pretty sure I recall not being able to equip polearms for Titan’s Grip. Is this a new thing or not? I just see certain websites showing Shivering as a weapon option and I’m like… nah I don’t think that works lol.

I vaguely recall polearms were added later on in Wrath to titan’s grip due to the ICC weapon. But I could easily be wrong on that.

TG allowed you to DW any 2h wep. And you could even DW a 2 1h weps if you were specced into single minded fury. You could even DW staves if you wanted to. You could DW 2 1 H weps using single minded fury were slam spam was your best over anything else and then with 2, 2h weps you did not spec into that and instead would have a selection down from TG. You could sometimes even do more DPS using SMF than you could TG. Rare but possible. It was almost never viable to run with a 2h wep and a 1h wep. Either double 2s or double 1s. You mix and match, then your DPS will plumet tremendously.

And even though SMF would sometimes out DPS a TG warrior, the best TG vs the best SMF warrior would always have the TG warrior coming out on top. One focused on haste stacking, the other on crit stacking. So you couldnt have a SMF setup, loot 2 end game epic 2h weps and start doing more dps than you were before as you would have to re spec and re gem and enchant all over again when making the switch.

The double polearms was possible, was even viable but not for much past anything that would require you to be above 200 ilvl in WoTLK.

1 Like

Bring back flask sets so I can roll on all of the casters staves too!!!

2 Likes

Just tested PTR and could equip staff and polearms… confirmed.

I think it was a graphical limitation back in the day where you couldn’t equip polearms for Titan’s Grip.

The real confusion originates in the tooltip specifically stating 2h axes, swords, and maces, with no mention of other weapons. Also, let me 1h a fishing pole, darn it.