Wotlk speculated release date?

I think they’ll want WotLK to bridge the gap between 9.2 and 10.0, so my guess is May 2022.

At a glance this is not a bad thing, but once you get into it, its a terrible idea. We’ve already got servers that are dead/dying and people complaining about it constantly. What happened when they launch carry over and fresh wrath servers? The majority are going to carry over, and the few that want fresh will be on an already dead server, and a month later complaining about population or already in transition to transfer to a higher pop server.

Fresh servers just won’t work, there’s not enough people to play them.

My estimates.

Phase 3 - Jan 28th
Phase 4 - Early May
Phase 5 - Early August

WOTLK Prepatch Late November
WOTLK Classic Early December

It will attract a massive amount of players who wouldn’t play otherwise. It’s a slam dunk for Blizzard. Which means they won’t do it. They’d rather just sell boosts on existing servers, and then watch the vast majority of those players quickly quit again just like what happened in TBCC.

Some people complain about the leveling process and say it’s a waste of time, but there is great value in that journey. There’s something to be said for committing the time and energy into the game. Players build a connection with the world and their characters, and other players as well. It’s much easier to quit a game when you’ve invested nothing into it. WoW devs for some reason fail to grasp that concept.

Tuesday.

1 Like

No, it won’t. We got ‘fresh’ SoM servers and SoM is nearly dead already. The majority do not want fresh, or i should say have no interest in starting over, which is why the boost was implemented in the first place. A smart blizzard will offer a level 68 character boost with the launch of WOTLK, as most people do not want to level 1-68 again. This will bring in a massive amount of returning and new players.

They have grasped the concept that leveling is a huge time killer, when the real content is end game. A lot of people quit before they even hit level 40, as leveling just takes too long. Nobody has time for that grind anymore. If you enjoy leveling, thats great, keep at it, that content is perfect for you. Its not for most.

Will be this year I would guess.

If WOLK hype is strong enough, there could be enough people for a ‘fresh’ server. However, I don’t think Blizzard is going to do that because of corporate politics.

There is a risk that the fresh server could die within months after launch. The complaint and negativity for both players and dev will be so much if it fails. On the other hand, the reward is 0 because those that want to play WOLK will play WOLK no matter fresh or not. If the fresh server succeeds, I don’t they would get a raise. Therefore, none would do that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.