Hoping for 2022, what u guys think?

Yeah, probably next fall.

1 Like

March 30th, 2023

6 Likes

Hmmm.
Classic–Aug 27, 2019
TBCC–June 1 2121
Perhaps spring 2023 assuming the game remains monetarily viable.

2 Likes

Assuming T6 of TBC releases some time in Mid-January (I’m just using 1/14/21 for this), and that each phase following lasts 3.5 months (excluding Sunwell which would probably be somewhere around double that), Pre-patch could be expected on March 14, 2023 (which is conveniently a Tuesday).
Pre-Patch is 2 weeks long: 3/28/23
Pre-Patch is 4 weeks long: 4/11/23
Hope this helped! Keep in mind this is nothing but pure speculation

3 Likes

No sooner than fall 2022, but given how much they are dragging feet here, I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes until 2023.

I am looking forward to when it drops so I can quit WoW, Wrath is the beginning of the end and I have about 1% interest in doing Naxx for 4 months, then being disappointed in how easy Ulduar actually was, then not wanting to do TOGC at all then seeing how easy ICC is until the Lich King Fight and clearing it in a week or two.

The Rose tinted Goggles of the people that “love wrath” are way thicker than the Classic guys. TBC was where WoW peaked, the small and I do mean small gains in population WoW got during wrath was from the success of TBC and new expansion hype. People were quitting nearly as fast as people were starting up.

6 Likes

6/13/2422.

1 Like

hoping ‘never’. the worst expansion to date.

Right before some quarterly earnings report.

4 Likes

Probably 2023, hopefully it’s done right. It has the potential to be a massive money maker as it was the most popular xpac.

1 Like

November, 2022.

I would put money on it.

Unfortunately for you, the WoW community on a collective scale doesn’t see it that way.

4 Likes

There were many many factors that led to it being so popular.

The 2022 gamer will absolutely ruin and not like wotlk as it were back then. Trust.

1 Like

Okay well the collective group couldn’t wait for tbc to come… begging for tbc servers during p3.
Endless threads about how amazing arena will be, and no buffs and omg so much better.

And yet, game is down to almost p6 levels of raiders, arena is actually dead in NA and OCE. Most of my guild is playing wotlk pservers to burnout before the actual expansion… much like they did during classic with tbc servers.

People are going to get very sick of dailies and doing the same raid multiple times a week per character.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Blizzard will get their money up-front selling a Deluxe Edition, another boost, and probably even more micro-transactions. That’s all this Classic project is to them.

1 Like

Retail has only had 1 major patch in 1 year and no new expansion has yet to be announced, I would not be surprised if its delayed to 2023.
Which means the remaining tbc phases likely could be rushed to pad their earnings next year with wrath classic.
Good chance we will get wrath Q4 2022.

How can you even joke about this knowing bfa and slands exist(ed)?!?!

2 Likes

Wrath takes no development tho lol

They already have the patch data ready to go.

Plug and play tbh.

1 Like

If blizzard is smart it won’t be 2022. Instead they will spend at least an additional year or two building up hype for WOTLK.

WOTLK should also be mostly released and advertised as a fresh wow experience. This means no carry overs from TBC. One of the biggest reasons new players(or old players) don’t come to play the game is because they feel like they are behind.

But blizzard isn’t going to be smart, and they’re going to probably do what people like you want them to do. They will follow up TBC immediately with WOTLK. A colossal mistake that will hurt the overall population levels for the game. We will see a momentary up tick in activity followed by a huge decline that we’re currently witnessing in TBC.

1 Like