WOTLK - PvP flag still interfering with party-wide buffs and heal

WOTLK

Queue for any RDF dungeon. Join dungeon. Attempt to use a party-wide buff (such as Prayer of Fortitude, Bloodlust, etc.) or heal (such as Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing, Wild Growth, etc.) on a player that is flagged for PvP while you are not flagged. See that the buff/heal does not properly apply to the target or the flagged party members.

Confirmed on all of my characters on Faerlina and Benediction.

3 Likes

This bug is still occurring.

For the love of the gods, please fix this. My under-geared holy paladin is really struggling because BEACON OF LIGHT DOESN’T WORK.

2 Likes

This is happening right now in ICC… it’s destroying our lockout tonight. Please for the love of god fix this. This beyond silly 6 weeks in

1 Like

Yeah haven’t had it in ICC before but tonight its nonstop.

Same here. Beacon not working, druid hots, etc. Auras not working, Hero not working. WTF.

Lady deathwhisper is bugged right now. ICC is forcing PVP to turn off when you enter no matter what, however, when heroic lady deathwhisper mind controls a target, they are forced pvp ON. This causes a stagger of pvp on and off raid members at all times. There was no way for us to turn on pvp before the fight started, so healers wern’t able to aoe heal targets, and bloodlust only applied to half the raid. This was never an issue before because we were always forced pvp ON when entering raids. Blizzard pls

its not the boss, its the raid. You can’t swap in raids

it IS the boss

We had the issue all night, it’s something they did with the patch.

Here’s how our H ICC 25 progressed:

• I don’t know how widespread the issue was for the first four fights, because we downed them without issue. BUT I can say that Bloodlust hit all raid members when it was cast by shaman #1, but hit only 9 raid members when it was cast by shaman #2. This is obviously incorrect behavior. I’m not implying that Bloodlust is the cause, but it’s the easiest raid-wide buff to track.
  • When we got to Festergut, half the raid wasn’t getting hit by spores, lust etc. We only had one death on Saurfang, and none on trash, so dying wasn’t the issue there. Bloodlust was cast by shaman #2, and hit only 9 people.
  • We fixed this for Rotface by having the entire raid hearth to Dal, unflag, and fly back.
  • Moved on to PP, and by then, everyone was PvP flagged. (Maybe this is expected behavior?) Saw one person become unflagged before the fight, but buffing/healing him fixed the issue.
  • No clue when the issue returned, because we 1-shot most of the subsequent bosses, and Bloodlust was cast by shaman #1 on each fight.
  • On H LK attempt #3, this issue was definitely present. Beacons weren’t working, raid CDs weren’t working, etc.

I can’t post links, but here are the logs for the entire raid:
classic. warcraftlogs. com/reports/mQ8d4g2hCtDWjVJ6

1 Like

Well, I can tell you that one change that appears to have been made was the addition of the Hellscream’s Warsong buff to live servers during restart (obviously it was subsequently “disabled”, but is still present in the code). Combined with the existing bug involving PvP flagging that I’ve been calling attention to for MONTHS, we now have a major problem.

I obviously don’t know for sure that this is the issue. But it seems suspicious that the day Hellscream’s Warsong appeared in ICC for several hours, this bug became a major issue.

2 Likes

Confirmed happening in ICC. Cannot believe this is STILL a thing

I’m offended, but not surprised. Every thread on the issue has people piling in, and defending the fact that it hadn’t been fixed, denying that it was even an important issue, telling other players that things are “working as intended”, to just change their flag, and even that Blizzard shouldn’t fix the bug because such a one-off fix is likely to clutter the codebase.

It’s great to see where that all landed us.

So yeah. In the future, if people can please refrain from giving that sort of feedback, it would make everyone’s life much nicer.

3 Likes

It seems like lady deathwhisper randomly forced players to be pvp flagged, also everyone was forced pvp flag upon entering the blood wing as well, players who had to run back would end up losing their flag causing the entire raid to have to die and release so that everyone would have the same flag status.

Its really embarrassing to see a big game breaking bug like this for what should have been a nothing update, there was no reason to try and unflag everyone in the raid on pvp servers and make it so that the flag could not be toggled. How hard is it to program a flag system that doesn’t cripple raidbuffs? or at least not break a system that was already working. They had the same issue with guards in hardcore flagging players when they looked at them, turning those wandering stonard guards into griefer tools for killing lowbies. Does anyone working on the classic games have any idea what they’re doing?

In case it isn’t clear to Blizzard: bugs which globally cripple a vast number of core player abilities should be high priority to fix, especially when said bugs are caused by a problem with a fundamental game system. I can’t believe I’m having to tell you this. Who is managing your team?

Sad, because Blizzard used to be my favorite game studio and produce my favorite games.

2 Likes

This happened to us in the throne room yesterday. Using the teleporter flagged you for pvp, but if you were summoned you got there unflagged and there was no way of enablingit more than getting out and running back. /pvp is not working inside icc.

This is probably the result of the quick hot fix for the icc buff they wrongly implemented yesterday.

Adding my hat into the ring.

Our guild had the same issues as others last night. Started the second we entered the raid, and persisted through the night.

Blizzard, figure it out. This has been an ongoing problem since freaking Vanilla Classic!

2 Likes

Happened to us all night in ICC. Really made the raid hard. Even the healer stacks on Dreamwalker weren’t being shared between stacked healers popping orbs.

Thanks for letting us know, everyone! We’re looking into it.