[WotLK News] A live chat with Devs

70 boosts and when will we get faction/race change are questions I’d like answered.

5 Likes

It’s obviously not the biggest, since they aren’t working on it.

2 Likes

ilvl squish sounds cool. too bad it wasnt across all tiers

good post overall. ty for the info.

hopefully blizz gives us from info regarding fresh. 1 server would be ideal

I don’t think it has to do with it being harder - ToC was designed as a catch-up raid, but because of that a lot of people did not experience Ulduar. ToC is considered a pretty bland raid by most, and encouraging people to engage in Ulduar AND ToC with an ilevel squish is a reasonable idea. I don’t think it will make a ton of difference with ICC. The first half of ICC is not difficult in the slightest.

I agree. Ulduar is pog and TOC is not pog.

6 Likes

Okay so are ToC and ICC and RS going to be rebalanced to account for the ilvl squish? Since that can dramatically affect how progressing between 10/25 man and normal/hard modes works.

1 Like

Well, I mean they did say it was to make ICC harder.

2 Likes

I would argue that by that, they mean “less of a joke”. ICC Normal is not hard with ToC gear as it was originally.

Blizzard – please do not even attempt this ilvl squish. It is a poor idea, and the classic community does not trust your team with adjusting item stats. We just want to play something resembling the original release of WotLK, and we don’t think that you are capable of improving on that experience by altering item levels.

41 Likes

Also concerned about the impacts of a 10m ilvl nerf/squish on groups that only run 10m content. I’m glad they didn’t buff ZA to make all of the people that already overgeared it on release happy.

They mentioned the scaling Area buff in ICC, which would help with an increased in difficulty from lowered stats.

1 Like

Well that depends, obviously if you are in 25 man ToC heroic gear 10 man ICC normal was not hard. However if you were in ToC 10 man normal gear ICC 10 man normal was perfectly hard.

2 Likes

That is definitely fair. I think they need to be careful with the change, FWIW. It has to be treated really carefully. The CC members are posting some insights in their thread that give some more context.

And I don’t think it’s good to balance around the ‘professional gamers’. You just end up driving off the masses. Especially on a Classic server with 14 year old content. Just make it about the experience, not some e-sport nonsense.

13 Likes

You are failing to be a community representative if you play along with this ilvl squish suggestion – classic players don’t want changes.

11 Likes

Again, I really think from the CC posts that this has more to do with keeping people in Ulduar longer, and keeping people in ToC for less time. I’m wary of it but in concept I appreciate the intent.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced how they done ilvl squish first hand with SL pre-patch.

It was terrible and still is terrible.

10 Likes

Ehhh yeah we do? #nochanges was the dumbest thing ever.
Depends on the change ofc.

2 Likes

can’t reply on US forum without a level 10 char on US server

2 Likes

How is iLevel squish the “Elephant in the Room?”

While I am glad you got a chance to sit down with them, it looks like you either did not get a chance to talk about the true Elephant in the Room topics.

So, was it smoke and mirror show then? You truly have no ability to discuss true topics if the company is dictating talking points to be discussed.

Every single day I am getting more frustrated.

Thank you for passing this along.

26 Likes