[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

So none really after this thread was posted and that’s assuming that is your only feedback to blizzard. There is nothing on there representing the general feedback on this thread.

Maybe Mispeled who posted this thread and can post in the other thread will provide a different perspective? Even though that is not what blizzard wants to hear.

1 Like

I’m not saying that’s not true but what I am saying is Legion was good As I said if they had gotten rid of Titan/ War foging And put the legendary vendor in at the start.

Legion what I’ve been perfect As I said shot a lens and BFA were both garbage fires and yes you’re right The whole borrowed power thing was bad but it wasn’t bad in legion the issue was.

There was no way to target the legendaries you needed That’s why I’m saying at the beginning If they had put in the vendor from the start it would have been fine.

1. How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
    Feel like its a big mistake its one of the main features in wotlk i was looking forward too

2. What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
    The ability to level alts and hop in dungeons without having to put together a group nobody ever wants to start a group and this helps solve that and lower pop realms can play like they aren’t on a dead server

3. What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
    none

4. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?
    Make it only que you up with people from the server your on but still have the dungeon finder to make grouping easier at all levels
    If they are worried about people leaving and lack of interaction due to cross server dont make it cross server its not hard removing it is just dumb whoever came up with that idea should be fired for real listen to your community

7 Likes

Well, I can’t possibly post everyone’s opinion/feedback in a single post and Blizzard wouldn’t be interested in reading through thousands of posts. I tried to keep it a concise as possible while covering what people have been saying overall, on both side of the fence.

Is there something in the post you disagree with?

2 Likes

You have not provided any feedback based on what has been said in this post, nor have you said anything in the referenced before or after you posted this thread.

So post something there.

You asked for information, why have you not posted the feedback you have gotten there? Specfically this thread Wrath Classic Announcement

I’m confused about what you’re saying here.

You want me to post something on the Wrath Classic Announcement thread?
I specifically posted in my community council post that I wanted to start another thread to focus on the LFD topic rather than the WotLK announcement as a whole.

Definitely my bad, I assumed the other orange poster had the most recent post :frowning:

By * Boosting epidemic did you mean access to low level dungeons?

Which ties in with * 58 (70) boost and the lack of social interaction for lower level content

Boosting epidemic as in the boosting services mages offer to power level people.

It ties in with the lack of social interaction for lower level content but I think it’s a contentious enough topic on its own to warrant its own bullet point.

1 Like

Ah fair enough,

I didn’t mean to attack you, what the orange text means is kind of unclear and i conflated you with another poster unfairly.

And I completely agree with your conclusion,

There needs to be something done regarding these issues that makes leveling, doing dungeons and playing the game as a whole an underwhelming experience.

I won’t say LFD is the best solution but is a proven working solution.

4 Likes

I know a lot of the issues with Dungeon Finder centered around cross real matching and the lack of accountability that comes with that detachment and annonimity

Can we just have LFD restricted to single servers?

I know people talk about the “sense of community”, but that wasnt perfect either with ilevel gatekeeping, etc

Of course we could. But they won’t.

I feel just fine about it. In fact, I prefer that Blizzard does not implement RDF. I will explain why later below.

This is a one-button feature. It would depend on the role you play. Again, I will expand on this later below.

In my opinion, the negatives far outweigh the positives. See below for more detail.

Detailed explanation:

In my opinion, RDF was an idea that was implemented but at a cost. At first it seemed like a good idea but then something happened. I am not going to lie. It was neat being put in a group with other people from other servers but then instead of a name, instead of a character, you became nothing. Instead of a community of people who you leveled with, who you ran dungeons with, who you talked to, interacted with, who you role played with and talked with were quickly dashed away. You became a random stranger and no one cared about anyone except themselves. And if you disagreed? You got kicked. In other words this was a feature where Blizzard alienated its customers.

The only positive that I can come up with for RDF is that it was something that players could easily and quickly access with the stroke of one button.

The negatives? Well. In addition to what I mentioned in the first paragraph, if you played the role of a Tank, your wait in the queue was extremely, very short. Which in turn meant you could run more dungeons. Which also in turn meant that you could earn more badges which you could turn in for gear or other items. ie: It rained all kinds of success if you played a tank. You could make tons of gold, obtain gear, heirlooms, rep tokens, all kinds of stuff.

If you played a healer? Your wait in the queue was, in my experience not nearly as short as the tank but it was still efficient enough.

If you played as a DPS? :rofl: :rofl: Good luck! Your wait in the queue was extremely very long. I hope you like sitting there doing nothing. You keep mousing over the dungeon finder eye hoping to see that a tank or heals has filled its spot. Nope. Darn. 30 minutes pass by. 45 minutes pass by. 60 minutes pass by. You let out a sigh and decide to rethink if RDF was really such a good idea…and then you wonder “Why didn’t I just roll a tank when they have short queue times but I don’t want to tank. I want to DPS. But I have to wait. Nope.” Then you log off.

3 Likes

If it aint built to last it will crumble over time.

Retail is a perfect example of this.

Unnecessary added convenience isn’t made of the correct material to keep it together.

1 Like

Why do we have it in PvP then?
We’ve had cross realm pvp sicne Vanilla classic.
In TBCC we even got 100% custom merc mode.

Why is it allowed for PvP and not for simple dungeons?

And not best geared off meta specs have a chance to play the game, unlike today. Some players have to spend hours to find a group or form their own. But not everyone actually likes doing so. Same way not everyone lieks running dungeons, or raiding, or PvPing or farming mounts.

RDF does not stop people from forming their own groups, sticking with friends.
Nothing is preventing you from doing so if this is how you want to play it.

4 Likes

That entire thread looks like an echo chamber of orangies saying they don’t want RDF. Its almost as if they were chosen specifically because they were in the ‘against’ crowd. Give me a break.

2 Likes

Have you seen these developers lately?

3 Likes

Read the conclusion,

Whether it is by improving the current LFG tool, providing a limited version of the LFD, rolling out LFD on a per phase basis, or, dare I say it, retail’s Premade Groups interface, there needs to at least be something done.

2 Likes

Read the post?

The conclusion was that action needed to be taken. Whatever that is, something needed to be done. That’s not good enough?

First of all, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to get more community input on this. More specifically, my personal input due to the fact that I never received anything from Blizzard officially asking me, as a long time player that started way back in Vanilla.

1. I’m extremely disappointed that at this point they will not be adding RDF. At the point in time when it was implemented originally, the guild I was in was merely raid logging and since I had a young child, my time was kind of limited. It was a godsend to me. I was able to log in and if there wasn’t enough interest or members guild-wise to do a dungeon, I was able to do it on my own. I was also able to break the grind of leveling an alt strictly through questing by doing dungeons to break the monotony without having to advertise for a long period of time to get a group.

2. One of the positives is what I mentioned above in question #1. The other is the fact that despite many stories to the contrary, I was able to build some relationships with other players cross server. I actually ran many dungeons with the same people through RDF that were cross server in the same battlegroup.

3. The only negative I can think of is a handful of times, a group may have had a tank or heals leave but the rest of us queued up again and managed to finish up the run. Again, this only happened a few times to me personally and it didn’t affect my gameplay.

4. I’m more than willing to consider any type of hybrid solution. I actually like some of the phased approaches that a few of the posters have already mentioned.

Ultimately, at this point in time, my circumstances have changed. My child is all grown up. I have more time to devote to the game. I’m in a guild that is still active at this phase in TBCC and fully plans to go into Wrath. I’m basically of the mind that this game should be open to every player who wants to play the game, no matter the real life situation behind it. RDF is a great tool to help.

Thank you for your time.

6 Likes

The only action that needs to be done is undoing previous action.