[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

You tanking?

2 Likes

Dang that interaction we just had was so great. Now I know how Birmingham felt

2 Likes

I’m tanking the wall

I usually do, boredom of watching lfg and bulletin board tends to make me fall asleep with autorun on

A friend gifted me Shadowlands a year and a half ago and just in the last month I accepted it and played a bit. It took me a week to get fully geared; two legendaries and 4 piece set bonus. It’s faster to gear up in Retail than it ever has been in the history of this game. It’s too fast.

In Classic I never got a Mageblade, I never got a Lok’amir; I was never fully geared in any phase. Two to three pieces of loot dropping for a 40 player raid. You’re wrong, once again.

Anyways, I think they mentioned putting those bonus rewards somewhere else. They certainly mentioned the Perky Pug pet.

2 Likes

A lot of the other Community Council Members posted their thoughts on it in this thread:

I’m of the mindset that everyone should have a voice, which is why I want to listen to the community first so that I can be as good a representative as I can, despite being an unelected one, which is why I understand why people wouldn’t put too much trust in me either.

Eh doesnt matter, elected or not youve achieved a status on a game you love. Wouldnt really put much stock into whether people think you deserve it or not.

2 Likes

Eh we don’t put much trust in any of you, it isn’t you specifically.

2 Likes

ok now
you are just being naive
4k is the current price of 64-70

That’s usually how it goes with unelected representatives. :stuck_out_tongue: … or elected. :laughing:

I don’t think it’s a matter of trusting the community council guys, it’s a matter of bliz not listening to their feedback. They already know what they want and very little will get in the way of their :dollar: :moneybag: opinion.

3 Likes

It’s also the tail end of an expansion when all the catchup is in place.

You’re geared TO DO content, not fully geared.

1 Like
  1. How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
    I feel that this is a horrible decision. I have played in multiple private servers and RDF is a crucial element in allowing old content to even be used at all. No one is going to spend the time in a capital city or spamming in a global channel for over an hour in hopes they can then run across the map to get to a dungeon that’ll give them a modicum of more exp. Some dungeons will straight up still be unusable by the other faction - how are the alliance expected to go to RFC or the horde to stocks?

2. What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
    It massively eats away at the boosting meta and the “S> Tanking service all loot goes to me +20g per” nonsense that goes on. It allows for people to do more content while the queue goes and it significantly speeds up the downtime of going to all the dungeons. Furthermore it allows for more class variety - if you get a boomkin, rogue, and warrior instead of 3 mages people are going to be fine with it. They’ll still be able to sell their Paladin+Warlock + 2 mage carries if they want but the average person isn’t going to care about this type of min/maxing.

3. What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
    The only con I feel RDF has that I hate, have hated, and always will hate is the cross-realm aspect of it. It kills the community.

4. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?

RDF should be implemented and the first 5 minutes should be gathering people in your server first then expanding. Any hybrid solution is half-assed and won’t address any of the major problems that caused RDF to be implemented to begin with.

13 Likes

I was just ballparking.

It’s clear the majority of the people who play this game want RDF in the game.

Obviously Blizzard won’t listen tho.

12 Likes

I am pro dungeon finder. I was really sad to hear no plans to implement it.

I would be okay if it was added during the ICC release. (Just how it was when it first came out) This would give me more incentive to play the game, as I am more casual, and do not participate in regular raiding.

I would love to have Dungeon Finder implemented eventually. And leave it how it was. Cross realm.

This lets everyone have the first year to remain the same as classic has been as far as groups are formed, and revitalizes the game a year in.

10 Likes

time to pop some steroids then

She just got her gold text and is trying to justify it while simultaneously putting her strawman constructing past behind her.

1 Like

You arguing the gold amount is irrelevant the fact is my point still stands that’s going to be the leveling process.

Yeah the MuH SoCiAL eXpErIeNcE doesnt even make sense because nobody is forced to use it. Anyone that has a moral problem with it can simply spam in lfg chat just like they do now. They know nobody wants to group with them. They want everyone else to be stuck in the sunken cost fallacy of “well this mage is !@#$ing awful and keeps making weird trump jokes like its 2016 again but itll take 20 minutes to walk back and summon someone else so !@#$ it”

4 Likes