WOTLK deserves better

That’s an interesting perspective!

Out of curiosity, how much notice do you feel is appropriate for new tabards to be added to a PTR?

You’ve said this before, and I asked about it, but don’t really understand what you mean by unbalanced and broken. I get that you’re stating:

But what does this mean? Plate comps like TSG 3s (full plate comp, I guess) and War/HPal or Preg/Uh in 2s?

What is “burst meta” precisely?

I main druid and dk, and mostly play rsham/feral 2s around 2100, so still pretty average, but the comps that seem to give us the most trouble are mage/spriest and rogues typically, which are usually not problematic when I’m on my DK.

It feels like there’s a pretty good mix of viable comps that hold up well, but still have some comps that they play better/worse into. Of course I’m still pretty new at arenas, so I don’t have much to compare this season to in terms of experience with other seasons or patches.

1 Like

Rather simple

• come out and say if RDF will happen. Just like that. “Yes”. “No” “Undecided”.
  • Come out and say when/what/where future plans are.
  • Come out and say what other things they are looking to tune.
  • For blyeposts to actually show up and reply to other requests and suggestions.

SInce week 1 of Ulduar I’ve reported resto Druid T8 4P bonus bug.
Since week one mate! Even bumped that thread for nearly 2 months. NOTHING, Zero comms from them. And yes, it is bugged…

Nothing is preventing them to hop into some big discussions and actually set things straight. We can use this thread is an example. All it would take is for 1 of them to stop by and comment “Thank you for the feedback we will try to be better”

Ever tried talking to a person who clearly ignores you and doesn’t pay attention? Yeah. That’s what it feels like with Blizzard. Talking to a wall. Conversation is a 2 way street.

They don’t even acknowledge the feedback given to them. The need to answer big ticket questions as soon as possible.

10 Likes

It’s probably more about design decisions contrary to Wrath and minimal engagement as the release develops and circumstances naturally change.

One big factor of Classic was honoring love-or-hate-it aspects of the expansion as far as QoL and sense would allow.

I’m not going to debate each point-by-point, but to summarily alter key parts and silently act like it’s just the way it is…that’s not especially good for customer relations.

3 Likes

It’s a solved game, how much do you want them tinkering w PvP balance?

1 Like

Ah so you believe it was a good idea to release that tabard as it’s own announcement when people have been waiting for any kind of communication on phase 3 and the ptr. You know the tabard that should have been released in phase 1 where it would have been useful and now is only useful to new players which is very few. If you don’t believe that would cause resentment in the player base then you have more important self issues than being curious about what I think.

I don’t even think you understand the full scope of the situation. When you have a company that has lost so much goodwill of the players from WC3:reforged, Diablo Immortal, bots and hacking in warzone that is still not taken care of, how shadowlands was handled during covid AFTER having the very weak expansion of BFA and on top of that all of the scandals and lawsuits. You play other games right? Two examples of companies that ACTUALLY communicate to players are Riot and Jagex. They will even communicate through twitter and even reddit! Crazy! Blizzard can’t even post an updated roadmap of what they want to do with most of their IPs.

If they would have announced the ptr and the tabard at the same time there wouldn’t have been as much vitriol on the forums about it. If they would have announced ptr the day they announced the new tabard and then had the ptr open a week later on the same day it already got released. It would have been fine. It’s not like they didn’t know when ptr would be ready when they made the tabard announcement and if they didn’t know that the ptr was going to be ready within a weeks time when they posted that tabard announcement then they really are incompetent.

A decade ago I would be just like you sarcastically defending my favorite game company. They are just not worth defending any more in my eyes. Nor any company really. People seem to have a real hard time understanding that you can criticize or even hate a company and still consume and enjoy their product to some extent.

tl;dr I am glad you are are content with Activision-Blizzard as a company, but I am not.

6 Likes

This sounds like a fair statement, but at the same time did they not clearly, transparently state that they wanted to settle the topic before launch, which some might say they did:

Yeah, I can understand if you’ve been reporting a bug since week 1 and have had no feedback that that seems incredibly frustrating. That’s a good point, I think!

Continuing the discussion from Wrath Classic Feedback and Decisions:

This has been a failure and players are asking for solutions. They aren’t providing any, so players are asking for RDF.

7 Likes

Bros asking dumb questions like hes a blizzard employee :skull::skull:

2 Likes

they touched on that before Classic’s conception, during classic’s announcement, after its release, during Wrath’s launch, and after its launch. It’s been “touched on” it’s not coming, same as it wasn’t around this time originally, same as it was origjnally during the earlier timeperiods, just like it was originally, because thats what people asked and have asked for; you just don’t like the answer

Future plans are… they keep releasing the old content on schedule. What exactly are you expecting here?

Every request and suggestion has been terrible and has led to terrible decisions on blizzard’s part

There is only so much they can do when they released the old game in the same way/manner that they’ve done with TBC (for the most part)

Or… they can realize that it’s an old game, that people are going to play either way, or they’ll know that people that shill for RDF have no idea what they want or what they’re talking about so they can just keep focusing on either retail or the real Classic players by giving them things that they want, whether it’s stuff in Wrath or stuff in vanilla

1 Like

Yeah! Screw the players they are gonna play anyway. With that logic just add microtransactions in Wrath. People are going to play either way!

2 Likes

LoL remember the god awful community council they implemented to give the illusion of communication, that they stocked with yes men and then ignored all feedback from the actual community?

8 Likes

-Release times of future phases
-Status on bug fixes for the myriad of bugs and glitches in the game
-Status on issues like the legions of bots flooding the game, rampant RMT and gold buying, hackers/cheaters in arena, etc.

The only communication we get is a blue post every 3-5 weeks. That’s absolutely pathetic for a game with 400,000+ players. Even private servers being run by volunteers in their spare time had better communication than this.

6 Likes

Maybe the rampant cheating in PvP? The absolutely INSANE amount of bots? PvP scene losing 57% of its playerbase because of blizzard-made decisions? Bugs GALORE that go unfixed for 6+ months at a time?

How about the fact the customer support doesn’t exist outside of billing issues?

You can’t defend these guys, they are there for a paycheck and nothing more. Retail gets multiple direct communications from the devs every week. Classic is crickets for months on end.

6 Likes

I’m unfamiliar with this; can you provide a little info for those who may not know what you mean?

People who use AHK scripts for instant interrupts for one?

1 Like

You seem to be asking this as a question as if people are suppose to intimately know what you’re talking about. I have no idea what this means, would you care to explain?

Please do understand that I’m not being hyperbolic or sarcastic, I really don’t know what this is.

2 Likes

https://old.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/12xriyb/wotlk_arena_and_cheaters/

TL:DR; the highest 2 players on the ladder are both scripting. Torsten for example has been banned ~4 times on Warmane and continues to do so on classic. He also does an incredible amount of pilots, along with a sizable amount of other players (primarily EU, but a lot in NA as well)

AHK is much more then kickbotting. It can automate entire rotations and lead to conditions. The best part is they’re doing it on-stream and gloating about it yet still aren’t banned.

It’s gotten to the point where if you queue into a warrior you don’t recognize it’s probably being piloted for $1000 (the current going rate for glad) by a scripting rat

Faye and rivaul on EU does RMT pilots litterally all day long (playing both NA and EU). Chompzpally (rank 8 on the ladder) is one example of a pilot that’s been well known within the community, reported multiple times, and still isn’t banned.

So you have rampant cheating, scripting, piloting, and 57% of the playerbase quit due to rating requirements. There’s also a crap load of exploits such as 2-hand wall (which is finally being fixed next patch) going on that makes the game just unfun. You can easily see why the community is pissed

Blizzard probably made bank off everyone race changing to night elf/troll so they can do the dalaran jump exploit so they’re just laughing all the way to the bank

8 Likes

There is a thread on arena cheaters every week some even mentioning AHK in the title.

AHK=Auto Hot Key it is a programming language.

You are so clueless I almost believe you are Blizzard intern or something.

7 Likes

and what do you have to offer to them to be worth more than that?

1 Like

You’re right consumers provide absolutely nothing to a company. I mean other than millions of dollars in free marketing through content creation, getting our family and friends hooked to the product, and fan support in varies forms including addons to make their games more enjoyable to play (especially when WC3 Reforged was released).

The point is when you treat your fans or consumers as trash not deserving of your time is when that paycheck gets smaller, so they better start turning stuff around as goodwill continues to dry up.

3 Likes