WOTLK Classic - Dungeon Finder Removed

I’m actually let down by this. I know a lot of people are excited to not have it included, but I always enjoyed just queuing up and spamming dungeons for badges/emblems.

The dungeons weren’t really that difficult. Looking at the success of all the WoTLK Private Servers, dungeon finder works really well.

I’m probably outnumbered, and prepared for the down votes, but I just wanted to share that it’s not as bad as you think it was.

EDIT: To clarify, I’m okay if they add it down the line, like 3.3.5 (I was more speaking to her tone in the reveal that she made it seem like it was not going to be implemented at all)

WoTLK was at its PEAK during 2010, before Cataclysm, reaching 12 million subscribers.
December 2009/January 2010 was the time that the Dungeon Finder was implemented with 3.3.0/5.

Go Here to VOTE on StrawPoll:
/polls/xVg7dLePKZr

286 Likes

I see far more people wanting it then not, makes no sense.

167 Likes

Exactly. I think that’s why WotLK was at it’s peak.

A lot of people used it to quickly farm the badges/emblems from heroics and what not.

It felt good to play for a couple hours spamming dungeons with dungeon finder to get enough to turn in for a piece of gear from the vendor.

I hope it gets added eventually but doesn’t sound like it.

Not everyone wants to spend the time looking at Trade Chat for groups in an expansion that fixed this greatly.

95 Likes

That’s genuinely a terrible idea not having the DF. Can’t believe people actually like spamming chat for 30+ minutes to find a tank, especially on lower population realms. My realm is packed and I still find it a pain. Lower level dungeons are almost never done by a group of players, only boosters. DF could fix the boosting issue.

103 Likes

Yep - Dungeon Finder was not that bad at all. Even if you are in a guild, the idea of being able to login at a random time to run a few dungeons by queuing up just made it feel good and a sense of effective time management.

63 Likes

Would of fixed much more issues then causes imo. As you mentioned easier for lowbies (everyones getting boosted now) and finding a tank in trade and /lfg is painful.

33 Likes

I like the change, DF/LFR were mistakes.

11 Likes

Boosters everywhere are rejoicing… only leveling savior has been slain. Terrible.

40 Likes

Mythic raiding was a mistake.

57 Likes

LFR Yes, LFD no.

16 Likes

You all wanted Classic Lich King you got it…LK never had LFG at the start of the Expansion it was something added later on…you wanted Classic you got it…

4 Likes

lfg was what made the wolk good! sad to see them ruining another xpac, the booster will be happy though. hopefully cata classic will be better! lol

33 Likes

I’m pretty sure 99% of players want to play 3.3.5.

Like you said, I know it wasn’t in the beginning, but she made it seem like it wasn’t going to be added at all. (Which takes away a feature that was there, though it was later on down the road)

29 Likes

yea thats crap. the LFG chats are full of too much spam. its annoying. Rather have dungeon finder

37 Likes

I was just going to post this. It will come at a later patch but it was not in at release.

1 Like

Absolutely terrible decision to not have LFD

43 Likes

This is a problem where the top 5% of players who have dedicated guild groups don’t see a problem and because Blizz Devs pals around with them they only get that feedback.

Once again Blizz devs crapping all over the regular player because Johnny Hardcore thinks he knows what regular players think.

69 Likes

These might be the same people who grow their own coffee beans and grind them fresh each time they make a coffee cup. Unbelievable.

I happen to enjoy having coffee in 60 seconds just like I love the convenience of retail, hence I will never play classic. I already played vanilla and it was great for its time, but that time has passed.

8 Likes

why? I thought people wanted it to be exactly the same?

6 Likes

Seemed like its not coming at all, totally fine with it coming later on.

1 Like