[WotLK Classic] Dungeon AoE Heals and PvP Flags

I think it’s time the “Non-targeted, group, or AoE buffs will not affect party or raid members if you are flagged for pvp and your party or raid members are not flagged for pvp, or vice-versa.” “NOT A BUG” issue be revisited.

Now that the Dungeon Finder pulls from other servers, it’s getting quite annoying when PvP flagged people join. I have had several people get mad at me because they either didn’t get buffs or died on AoE damage because certain AoE heals won’t hit them. I also discovered some smart heals are not targeting PvP flagged players as well.

Yes, I know I can ask them at the beginning of the dungeon to drop it but I’ve had people get attitudes from me asking.

Sure I can AoE buff all non-PvP party members then individually buff the PvP players, using all my mana to do so and while I am drinking, the tank is impatient and pulls before I have mana.

1 Like

Already being worked on. How flags work won’t be changed, but flags will be forcibly dropped off inside dungeons and raids.

1 Like

I seen that and from the sounds of that post, it sounds like it’s a fix for single server dungeon groups, particularly ICC Dungeon and Raids.

No, thats not at all what was said or implied… They temporarily made some changes for PVP servers but once the fix is done, no one, from any server, will be flagged in dungeons.

1 Like

In hindsight, I could have been a bit clearer in the linked post. We are working to ensure that PVP flags are not present in dungeons (or raids). We want to get this out as soon as practical, but we can’t provide an ETA because we want to be as certain as possible that the fix won’t cause any additional issues.

3 Likes