WOTLK - Battleground brackets? (61- 70 or 70 - 79?)

Have some questions about how blizzard is going to be structuring pvp brackets for WOTLK classic.

Has blizzard stated that you’ll be able to freeze your experience in WOTLK classic if you want to stay as a twink?

Does anyone remember which patch changed the battle ground brackets from 61-70 to 70-79? Was that a change pre or post Cata? I used to be a lvl 70 pvp twink and quit when they implemented that bracket change. I know it was around Cata release when they did that.

I don’t know about the brackets, but you can freeze your experience.

I have not heard of this but I didn’t play much post cata

Brackets are x0-x9 for most bgs
And x1-x0 for av

I can’t remember for strand of the ancients

1 Like

I remember that the brackets were also locked at 51-60 and 60 for WSG for pvp twinks also.

So level 60s and level 70s could still pvp. Then they changed the brackets down the road and destroyed the lvl 60 and 70 PvP systems.

AV: 51-60; 61-70; 71-80
WSG: 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80

If you’re a 70 twink, you’re top level for AV and low level for WSG. 70 was its own bracket for WSG during TBC, but WotLK will increase the bracket to 70-79.

That’s a mistake to do that. I don’t think it was like that in WOTLK either. I know they changed it to that later.

I really don’t think they ever had WSG as 61-70.

Back in original Vanilla, they had WSG as 51-60 but then decided to change it to 50-59, and 60 as a separate bracket. When an expansion would come, it increased to 60-69 for WSG.

Unfortunately, there just aren’t enough players to keep a “Level 70 Only” bracket for LKClassic.

That said, if you’re planning to re-roll, think about turning to Level 70 into a Level 79 twink/alt. You can keep your Level 70 gear, and a Level 79 in AV is fine (particularly if you’re a healer).

maybe WSG was always 70-79 but no one could test it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.