Worth PvPing without essences?

I play a lot of alts and would like to get heavily into PvP, well random BG’s. Is it worth it without essences? Or will I just be at such a big disadvantage that I would just end up frustrated?

You could probably have some amount of success with Concentrated Flame. I would at least unlock that, and work on unlocking the PVP ones over time. I don’t think you need to grind essences first to then play PVP.

they make a difference but gear is more important. starting to see a lot of 430s. if the other team has 430 healers and you are like 400 you wont be able to phase them

1 Like

Concentrated Flame and Memory of Lucid Dreams are very easy to get and upgrade. Both of those are also top tier for a lot of classes.

1 Like

pretty time consuming to upgrade that on a “alt”

the time gate makes it feel worse than it is though

1 Like

OK, not as easy as Concentrated Flame, but still easy. All you have to do is finish the Nazjatar story up to where you fight Queen Azshara’s lackey to get rank 2. Rank 3 is literally completing 3 daily quests for like a week, maybe two

Lucid Dreams is one of the worst essence grinds there is. Its severly time gated and saying that it takes a week maybe two for rank 3 is an out right lie.

Youll have to deal with the horrid nazjatar follower system for at least a month.

2 Likes

takes 20 days

Oh sorry I was off by a week. Picking up rank 2 takes no time and is still better than not having essences when you pvp.

Super easy grind imo.

It’s not ideal but gear matters a hell lot more

2 Likes

They almost dont matter at all in battlegrounds. The biggest one that people use in huge aoe situations makes up 10pct of their damage at best. And thats when they hold it just to inflate numbers unstead if going for kills.

The minors are all super minor as well.

You will be fine with the default essence.

Strife gets you a free pvp talent though so thats pretty good if your class has a few good talents.

1 Like

thats wrong, i actually get a lot of healing and fury from lucid dream

maxed out of course

would like to see your logs on that. it’s really low for me with hardly any procs. 50k or less healing per bg on my dh.