Worst chicken decision possible?

No shot, no shot

1 Like

Change MQG? Nah, the community said no.
Change Chicken? Yah, a random community council member said so.

2 Likes

Good thing I just dropped blacksmithing and leveled engineering 0-370 at the cost of like 1500 gold. Awesome!

1 Like

Tbh I would’ve kept the MQG change too.

Bro, the enh sham in my guild legit got molten fist from hyjal last week and did the exact same thing, feels bad man

1 Like

They never said they were going to leave it, they said they were looking into what to do about it.

“That isn’t to say the team won’t make further adjustments”

Ah here’s the blue post

Tldr: This battle chicken fix was actually implemented in patch 2.1 and post 2.1 you could never force procs.

according to blue post, the “fix” wasn’t intended to target chicken but was a byproduct of a fix they did to illidan restoring old behavior. They said they’re not gonna re-break chicken so you can proc it on demand though.

That is exactly what I did.

Amazing how Blizz can be so tone deaf. The people that care about parsing voted to accept it!

What about the people that care about degenerate gameplay and killing bosses idiotically fast?

This garbage was going to be stupid in Sunwell.

Blizzard’s response when given the option between improving the game or doing nothing.

1 Like

What? This has no affect on people that don’t care about parsing. They arn’t in the guilds that do this.

But, the people that do, leveled engineering based on the December post saying they wouldn’t do any heavy handed changes. What is this? The heaviest of hands? Now its all RNG? Come on get real. This is a bad change that is being left as is because it would require Blizzard to do work to fix.

In Hyjal/Black Temple where everything is easy it doesn’t matter so much. In Sunwell for a lot of guilds the difference between killing the boss or not would be everyone dropping their professions to go engineering for an idiotically massive buff from a level 40 trinket.

Anyway, this interaction was apparently not even accurate to TBC. Now you have the one that is.

1 Like

It’s all relative to skill. Yea, it’s easy content for skilled players, which is why we want AT LEAST A LITTLE CONSISTENCY when it comes to mechanics that determine parsing. The goal for high end players isn’t IF they can clear the raid. It’s some existential metric like parsing or speed.

Why not let players decide if they want to go all out and min/max everything? Especially after the community VOTED FOR IT.

The parsing community. That’s not the whole playerbase.

The point is they didn’t make a decision with the goal of making the game more enjoyable for the player. The chicken is still in game and still stacks. it’s just more RNG.

They made the decision based on that this interaction didn’t even exist in post 2.1 WoW. The battle chicken was actually fixed in 2007 in original TBC.

But its the player base that’s effected. Look, what I’m saying is that if your not in a raid/guild that cares about parsing then this never affected you. It was an interesting mechanic that could be controlled by the player. Losing this deletes some agency of choice for those players.

They are essentially saying “you think you do, but you don’t” to the people that this effects.

It does once a guild is bashing its head against a wall trying to progress on a boss.

1 Like

This content is 15 years old. It was cleared then without chickens or half the knowledge we have today. It can be cleared regardless of a chicken. That’s not a determining point or argument to remove an item.