Worst armor

Honestly mail armor has the ugliest sets in the game. It makes everyone look like grunt soldiers instead of having the tone of other armor types. Save for a couple of raid sets shamans and hunters never look good. Do you guys agree with me?

13 Likes

Mail and leather look terrible. There’s some exceptions but on average, they are bad.

Only plate and cloth look good, imo.

Lack of good leather tmogs is specifically what is preventing me from even playing my DH after I hit 120.

4 Likes

Wait until Shadowlands.

Oh boy… that Torghast Mail is going to knock your socks off.

1 Like

Since we’re talking about hunters, I’d like to say that their weapons look terrible.

And on top of that, since you can’t put weapon enchant transmogs on them, you can’t even mask a bad model with glowies.

Cant wait for the Necrolord Mail armor, looks too good.

wait, that’s not how you spell leather

1 Like

Are you f* kidding ? Leather is shared by 4 different classes et you can make some crazy ninja pirates edgy mogs.

There are a few tier sets that are nice, but beyond that I agree mail is fairly ugly.

1 Like

I mean, many of the shaman sets like Skybreaker, Cataclysm, and even Ten Storms look pretty amazing. I’ll admit a lot of the hunter sets can be hideous but T11 for hunter still looks pretty good.

Leather is tougher but you still have stuff like the Rogue T2, T5, some of the monk inspired leather sets look very good. For casters I prefer my “birdman” outfit my main character is wearing.

There is some good options, but yes plate and cloth tend to have more good options.

In all honesty I find 90% of all armor , any type, horrible in this game. I really dont like most of it. I have always been vocal about it in the past. :-1:

Tera, Aion, Revelation had/have some of the most beautiful and realistic looking fabric and metal textures and armor designs. Stunning really. :+1: :+1:

WOW, (just my opinion) rates about a 2/10 on gear appearance.

3 Likes

Druids get the coolest leather set in the game: that Mythic WoD bug set. The one with the cool wings. That set alone makes up for the atrocities of early-game leather armor.

Too bad it can’t be shared with other classes, I’d have universal bug wings for my rogues. :pensive:

yeah but then you would have to play necrolord, which currently has the most useless covenant ability (and the soulbinds don’t look much better).

Yeah, but I never have to pug so I’m picking them either way.

Only thing that bothers me about mail armor, is the sound it makes when you’re running. Sure, it’s more immersive in it’s own right… but that doesn’t stop me from disliking the bloody sound with all my heart!

haha I’ll give you that. I’m actually mogged into it right now, but I like to match it with the bio-shock helmet cause it makes me laugh

(uhh… I’m not really a balance druid. i was just farming old content with gear i threw together)

1 Like

Literally looking through the leather Tmogs today for my rogue thinking all the good ones are druid lookalikes lmao

This is a recent development. lol

Some of the early designs for hunters and shaman are amazing.

it just fell off a cliff the last 3-ish expansions…

This is true and I think it is because of the limitations of the graphics… Why do you think alot of the armor is recycled? There is only so much they can or are willing to do.

Why are there no duster jackets? Why are there no real cloaks and just capes that are called cloaks? Why don’t all bows come with a quiver?

Yep all leather looks like trash. All huge gloves, huge boots, dumb looking shoulderpads.

Leather needs to be slim and compact, light.

Form fitting. Doesn’t need to be a sl00tmog, but it doesn’t make sense to have enormous armor.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how that looks on a tauren, it’s gotta be so goofy with how their face stretches helmets. The shoulders are definitely the best part.