World server down - character stuck in court of stars

Unable to get a ticket through - and unstuck service not working. Had to choose account charge not working to be able to put a ticket in with a live person and who knows how long that is going to take

This is ridiculous.

Its under Bluedrac my level 70 evoker

2 Likes

This is the character it is under.

Couldnt play Tuesday one of my only days off all day and now tonight this

Not long, it looks like this already has a response. Queue times are still longer than normal but FAR better than they have been. Almost down to normal.

5 Likes

Beaten by the sleepy panda.

1 Like

I have a friend that is experiencing this currently, is there any known solution? He’s also stuck in court of stars.

1 Like

Folks, just a friendly reminder that (a) the Blues that post on this forum are not GMs, (b) this forum is not staffed 24/7 and that (c) if you’re posting here, you also need to be submitting a ticket if the Character Stuck service does not work for you.

Character Stuck link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/wf/wow/586/834/submitted

Ticket link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

7 Likes

having same issue got one GM said follow steps while i was offline for ticket did it still nothing another GM just repeated what first one said so…

I think the GM may have misunderstood which character you were referring to.

Can you check again?

1 Like

Currently having same issue on Thaliun, wyrmrest accord.

This is a bug that was known 9 months ago. why is it still a thing in game? There was apparently a fix for it but I guess the new patch broke it?

1 Like

One symptom in-game, like World Server Down, can have multiple causes. Something that happened nine months ago was likely fixed. The new issue, even though it brings the same message, very likely has a totally different cause.

“World Server Down” is a generic message. It could be because there is an issue with the location the character is in. It could be because of issues when changing zones. It could be because an instance server is not working properly. It could be because one server is down. Something that happened nine months ago most likely has a different cause today.

1 Like

you have to wait till the server is up. put a ticket issue do to bugs. they will try to do something.

The reason I stated it was same as nine months ago, is because looking at old posts, this same thing happened then. If you Dc’d in a time walking court of stars that finished, your character would be stuck with the “world server” issue.

You can literally google “stuck in court of stars time walking” and see a post from blizzard saying “the issue will be fixed in 48 hours” that was posted 9 months ago.

I’m assuming the 10.0.5 patch rebroke the issue

What I’m saying is that it doesn’t have to be the same issue to cause that error in Court of Stars. It’s a generic message, not one associated with a specific error.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue and it because I logged out after Timewalking COS and the stupid character stuck link isn’t working and there is no way to submit a ticket to the correct ppl

Click the link in the following post.

5 Likes

Try this link here on the website to put in the ticket. Explain that you have already tried using the automated service and it has not worked.

Link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

5 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Im having the same exact issue :frowning: the ticket response I got was some automated answer about server lag??? like come on… I miss the days when blizz put more money and time into their customer support sections for each game… Esp WoW, the only one of the games on the battle.net launcher that you not only buy the game but pay per month and for cosmetics/transfers/etc… I’ve played this game since around 2006? I remember the days of calling blizzard for help, literally… Its just sad to see it being 2023 and Ive spent close to 4 days of PAID GAME TIME unable to play my main character whos stuck in court of stars…

During periods of high volume of incoming tickets, we often have automated replies to try to give folks some self-help troubleshooting steps. Since you put your ticket under Technical - Can’t Connect, that is the one that goes out to you.

Your issue, while functionally the same, you aren’t able to connect, isn’t the same thing as a technical connection issue.

It looks like you used the link provided in this thread to submit a stuck ticket. A Game Master will try to move your character as soon as they can.

I remember when folks spend hours calling on the off chance that they might make it through to the 90+ minute holding queue because anyone who had an issue called the number for every type of issue, not just those that we could help with on the phone, like Tech and Account/Billing issues.

We changed the system because it wasn’t able to function the way it was intended. Is this one perfect? No, but it is a vast improvement overall in allowing our staff to get to folks and provide what assistance we are able to.

5 Likes