World server down - character stuck in court of stars

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Im having the same exact issue :frowning: the ticket response I got was some automated answer about server lag??? like come on… I miss the days when blizz put more money and time into their customer support sections for each game… Esp WoW, the only one of the games on the battle.net launcher that you not only buy the game but pay per month and for cosmetics/transfers/etc… I’ve played this game since around 2006? I remember the days of calling blizzard for help, literally… Its just sad to see it being 2023 and Ive spent close to 4 days of PAID GAME TIME unable to play my main character whos stuck in court of stars…

During periods of high volume of incoming tickets, we often have automated replies to try to give folks some self-help troubleshooting steps. Since you put your ticket under Technical - Can’t Connect, that is the one that goes out to you.

Your issue, while functionally the same, you aren’t able to connect, isn’t the same thing as a technical connection issue.

It looks like you used the link provided in this thread to submit a stuck ticket. A Game Master will try to move your character as soon as they can.

I remember when folks spend hours calling on the off chance that they might make it through to the 90+ minute holding queue because anyone who had an issue called the number for every type of issue, not just those that we could help with on the phone, like Tech and Account/Billing issues.

We changed the system because it wasn’t able to function the way it was intended. Is this one perfect? No, but it is a vast improvement overall in allowing our staff to get to folks and provide what assistance we are able to.

5 Likes

This new system is not only not perfect its complete trash for the consumers. Sure it relieves a headache from employees but it just passes that headache on to us, the consumers.

Its been 4 days now that I have yet to have my character moved so that I may play it again. it goes without saying that the trash recommendations of what will work, DO NOT WORK. How about we get some people dedicated to unscrewing this debacle? I have had multiple tickets in for days now, not a single word. not a single finger has been lifted to help. BET THEY STILL WANT THEIR SUBSCRIPTION MONEY FROM US THOUGH!!!~

The old system would have seen you redialing for a week to try and get into the 2-hour queue to talk to someone. How is that better?

Have you followed the ticket link in this thread? It has a priority queue to get your character back online. Players that have used it have come back to confirm it.

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear it, Brightbovine. From what I can see the first use of the self-help unstuck page was 37 hours ago. When not attempting the self-help option, which we have acknowledged is not working the way it is supposed to, which is being investigated, you also have submitted tickets under the generic account - not listed here category. While that will eventually be answered, it isn’t a high priority.

Still, while that is definitely longer than we’d like you to be without your character, it is not yet 4 days.

They actually do, but they do not so instantly. The character stuck queue is actually one of our highest priority categories. While over the last few days the response times have increased due to the ongoing issue, someone should be with you soon. Current queue is measured in a few hours, so if you use the link that has been provided several times, instead of the generic one you have been, a Game Master will be able to get to you.

Edit: I’ve moved your ticket to the appropriate category, as you may be at the link of tickets.

There are folks working on the overall issues and the Timewalking Court of Stars has been disabled to help stop additional folks getting stuck.

8 Likes

Still stuck in CoS, this has happened before at least 5-6 times for me and told Blizzard of this problem, this time it’s stuck good.
Put in a ticket and it just increases in time to be processed. 2 days 22 hours…lol.
Had 4/5 dungeons done for quest.
By the time its fixed (if) the quest will be expired.
Oh well just another glitch/bug/what have you.
Game seems to be going down the tubes.

The ticket time isn’t your ticket time. It’s based on the oldest ticket in the queue.

If you put it in using the proper link provided above, it usually is handled within hours - not days.

Good thing is if you believe this and are unhappy, you are certainly entitled to not continue playing. There are many other games out there, and if that is your choice, I do wish you well wherever your gaming may take you.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are not using the proper ticket option as mentioned a few times in this thread. You NEED to use this one:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

Ticket times are hours, not days for those.

As for the game “going down the tubes”, I doubt tickets would be taking so long if nobody was playing :wink:

6 Likes

You put in a ticket under Harassment, Artemtwo. You’ll want to use the link I provided in my previous post.

6 Likes

Only way I can get through!!
I give up on this game and its ways.
I have tried for hours and if it lets me go then fine.
Done spending all my time trying to get a ticket thru the hoops of Blizzard.

o.O
Only, it’s really not. There are so many ways to put in a ticket. I don’t even know how many times it’s been linked in this thread and the others like it now.

Yes, bugs exist in video games (not just WoW) and they’re a fact of life with computer systems and programming.

If following one link is akin to jumping through hoops for you, then I’m not sure what else to tell you.

Best of luck in your future gaming.

5 Likes

This has happened many times and its still an issue, I have given info to Blizzard on this matter and still.

Yes, and still they are aware of and working on it. The overall issue caused by this bug that is.

5 Likes

I am talking about since this came out.
Still an issue and still stuck like before and before and before…
wth

I should note that it is my main on another realm if that matters.

As long as you choose not to put in a ticket under the correct option, mentioning anything here really has no effect on getting your character moved. Vrak said you put your ticket under Harassment. That’s going to take much longer than if you closed that and opened a ticket under the proper category linked in this thread.

5 Likes

Dont be telling people how I post a ticket.
Make the game easer to post a ticket instead of telling me how to jump thru your hoops.

If you don’t wish to discuss your issue on the forum, Artemtwo, don’t post on it. You were having an issue getting your character unstuck, I explained the reason you may be waiting as long as you are is because you put in a ticket under the wrong category.

I provided a link to submit a ticket under the correct one. It isn’t a hoop, it’s simple the best means to submit a ticket to get help.

10 Likes

One of the best things about this forum isn’t about calling people out for putting in the wrong ticket type, it’s for helping them put in the right kind of ticket so that they can get their issue resolved in the timeliest of manners! We’re all here to help! But help has to be wanted and accepted too :wink:

6 Likes