World’s End Tavern Lounge #161

someone suggested I should just go into the local sporting goods store and ask if they know about any near by archery ranges. See if there is one that would be both safe and quiet.

So yep, busy but fun day between now and tonight's raid
thanks for the music last night

I miss some of those songs :)

Modern music just don't have it
/giggle
11/03/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Surfgirl
thanks for the music last night

I miss some of those songs :)

Modern music just don't have it
/giggle

"Glad you enjoyed it."
The sun is finally peeking on the horizon

Time for me to fade and be a merry morning elf

C_ya later, sleep well

/hugs
11/03/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Surfgirl
The sun is finally peeking on the horizon

Time for me to fade and be a merry morning elf

C_ya later, sleep well

/hugs

"Safe Journey."
I am here now.
Brogle.
11/03/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Faolana
Brogle.

/gasp
Bork Bork?

Khoshek threw his shoulder once more against the old door, and it gave way with a mighty crack. A cloud of dust made him cough, and cobwebs plastered themselves against his beard as Khoshek stumbled inside. The smell of damp and neglect hung thick in the air.

Let’s see if this works, Khoshek thought as he waded through the sea of empty tables and upturned chairs to the center of the room. He took a knee and bowed his head, offering a silent prayer to the Light for its help. Slowly, he removed the glove from one hand, and reached into his purse for a small, round, white stone inscribed with a jagged spiral. He set the hearthstone on the floor and lay his palm flat over it.

The spell was a subtle thing, manifested as a small, sharp bead of cold in his chest, as frigid as the halls of Icecrown. Khoshek braced himself against the abrupt sensation and maintained his focus. Time crawled by, stretched thin across his perception. Almost imperceptibly, the cold began to lose its edge, thawing as it grew into a tepid, spherical mass.

Finally, the sensation began to move, warming as it traveled down the slabs of muscle in Khoshek’s arm. It was fire hot when it reached his fingertips, until it shot from Khoshek into the hearthstone. In spite of the pain, Khoshek kept his hand in place, and clenched his eyes shut against the overwhelming Light that filled the world around him.

Home, he thought. Come home.

At long last, the light faded. The heat was gone, and the pain with it. So too, was the musty smell of neglect, replaced by the welcome aromas of a crackling wood fire, hearty stews, fresh bread, and of course, beverages for those of a certain responsible nature. Khoshek offered one more prayer of gratitude to the Light before placing the hearthstone back in his purse and rising to his feet.

The tavern was not unlike many in Azeroth, though it was perhaps larger than any he had seen before. A central fireplace warmed the room against the looming cold outside, and the tables and chairs were set aright, cleaned and waiting on patrons. Stepping outside, Khoshek smiled to see the wooden sign above the door, the name chiseled into the clean, bright wood.

Cupping his hands to the side of his mouth, Khoshek raised his voice to the world at large.

“Come one, come all! The World’s End Tavern is back in business!”

((I have no affiliation with the previous threads for World’s End Tavern, but with World of Warcraft celebrating its 18th year and all, I thought perhaps I’d try to revive this thread. I haven’t yet tracked down the first thread explaining the concept, but I would imagine it’s entirely freeform roleplay, and one may presume the tavern has whatever one wishes.

I know this time of year is especially tough on some of us. I hope this will be a place where you can enjoy a heartwarming respite from the world for a while.))