World Quest reward increases then reduces

World Quest rewards have been stuck at 148. Whenever I get a couple of item upgrades (this is after hitting reknown 10) I check the map and see World Quest rewards have increased item level, click of the map, click back on it and the item has decreased back to 148. What is going on?

2 Likes

I came here to report exactly the same thing. I got a few upgrades from the Covenant story and was excited to see my WQ rewards finally improve. I upgraded one of my Covenant set pieces (using Anima) and they instantly went back down to 148.

My current theory is that the game isn’t including the upgraded item level in the calculation for WQ reward level.

1 Like

I flew to Revendreth today to do two WQ that were close to each other, one rewarded a i171 ring and the other rewarded an i171 potency conduit.

When I zoned in, the conduit changed to a gold reward, and after I completed the WQ for the ring I was given an i168 ring instead.

1 Like

At least you’re seeing some increase. My paladin has gotten some increase in rewards with increased item level, my druid is renown 12, item level 161, and rewards have been stuck at 148 since she first hit 60.

So when in Oribos all world quest rewards are at around my ilevel of 163 as soon as i go to do these quests they go back to 148-151. Why is this Blizzard, how do we fix this?

Same here. Trinket went from 171 to 164 and a conduit became rep.

I noticed this behavior, too, and I took some screenshots of it happening. Details in this thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-ilevel-on-world-map-tied-to-location-of-character/783826/

1 Like

https://imgur.com/e7IPWfq

Fly to Bastion… oh. :frowning:

https://imgur.com/s5JStlM

World map has now even lost several WQ:
https://imgur.com/uauUJCt

5 Likes

World Quest Rewards bait n switch iLevel. I have reached Renown 12 on my Hunter and saw on the map that the World Quests this morning were actually offering upgrades (Current iLevel168) as I have some 155 pcs I still need to replace. However, upon completion,the items that ended up being rewarded to me in my bags were 155, not the 168’s that were promised on the overworld map. This is frustrating as I would have spent my time elsewhere on Anima or Torghast - I wouldn’t have persued these WQ if the iLevel was correctly marked. I have pictures of my display showing the problem if you want them. Thank you.

1 Like

This is happening right now for me.
From the covenant class hall, most quests rewards 171 items
When I leave the class hall, they are rolled back to 164.

Lots of soulbinds conduits (class hall) turn into gold quests too

Something seems broken

Same here. While in Oribos I saw a bunch of ilvl 171 gear, including a 171 neck in Bastion. As soon as I arrived in Bastion, it shows it as 164.

I’m experiencing the same issue. The “A Steward for Every Occasion” and “Air Supremacy” world quests and Bastion show ilvl 168 rewards when checking from Oribos. Upon entering Bastion, they switch to ilvl 155. After completing the quest, the loot I receive is ilvl 155.

I am experiencing the same problem. I log in look at my map for world quests while i am in Maldraxxus but once i leave and go to the World Quest, the item level has reduced 174 down to 164. But my husband gets the 174 gear and doesn’t have the problem

Same here. It’s been going on since launch for me, no matter which character I play (I have 4 level 60s and it happens on all of them).

Today was the devourers WQ in Ardenweald. 174 polearm literally anywhere in the game except Roothome (and the quest POI), then it downgrades to 161 on a 172 renown capped (currently) hunter.

Overall, I just don’t understand how the ilvl of WQ rewards work in general because they’re all over the place.

I’m at ilvl 177 and there is not a single WQ that is above 158 on my map at the moment, thought they were there to help you gear up a bit. /sigh

Same problem here, i play this toon with my wife. We have done the same content, same renown, same covenant and same ilvl but my wq rewards keep changing ilvl betweens zones yet she has no problems.

There are graphic glitches all over this expansion. I’ve seen WQ change rewards back and forth, I’ve seen ilvl’s all over the place. At this point I avoid most of the ones that give gear simply because it ends up wasting my time for vendor trash.

1 Like