World PvP rewards and objectives need to be better and more sustainable

As of now, people are rather spamming BG queues and instanced pvp to gear up rather than participate in World PvP. (Simply because its much faster…)

Depending on your particular shard, you either encounter tons of world pvp, either in your favour or against OR its a dead shard.

Supply crates don’t drop frequently enough and sometimes bug out…

Infurious mining nodes fury of battle buff lasts for too short a duration, and often times there aren’t other enemy faction players around.

DF is the right direction for world pvp but as of now, the incentives are still very lacking vs instanced pvp.

At the end of the day, we need an ongoing and sustainable way to get bloody tokens rather than just supply crates, very infrequent wPvP quests and killing random players. We need a pereptual PvP zone/area throughout the dragon isles else people are just gonna queue BGs instead.

The rewards in wPvP need to be increased or else people are just going to go the easy path and queue instanced PvP because it’s easier to get gear.

Considering this is an MMORPG, it makes no sense to reward players for grinding instances vs playing out in the open world. Both playstyles should be viable and I would argue since WoW is an MMORPG first and foremost, the incentives for open world content should be higher even to entice more players to participate.

1 Like

I largely agree. WPvP is at its most successful when there’s a centralized flightless questing area, such as Timeless Isle or even the Maw. Dragonflight’s lack of that is going to make its WPvP infrequent at best.

Case-in-point: I’ve done all the WPvP WQs since launch, and only this morning have I had one with any real PvP activity (of which there was admittedly quite a bit, I killed around 100 people). Before this mounted combat WQ, though, all the prior PvP WQ areas were utterly dead.

Supply drops seem almost non-existent. I only saw my first one today.

The infurious nodes are too scarce and their buff too short. Every node in an active PvP area should be infurious, or at least substantially more of them, to actually provide worthwhile things to fight over.

2 Likes

The amount of rewards in queueing and winning BGs far exceed that of any wPvP activity currently.

There is no practical reason anyone would gear up with bloody token farming when there’s a much faster and easier alternative…(though obviously it can be fun if you enjoy wPvP, but the rewards should be better to entice more players)

Well, this isn’t quite true. They’re separate things. The WPvP set’s 6pc set bonus is actually incredibly good, although I wish the 4pc wasn’t a whopping 2min ICD.

There do need to be better areas for WPvP activity though, ideally flightless. Bloody token farming will be a little annoying otherwise, with the biggest influxes being the daily WQs rather than actual PvP kills.

1 Like

I’m not saying there aren’t differences…they are alternative modes of playing PvP yet my entire post is saying they should both be viable…yet right now it isn’t as viable as instanced PvP because it’s too dependent on the random wPvP quest cycle, supply crates etc.

Its too random…yes we definitely need a sustainable and endless wPvP area with rewards tied to it.

When I was leveling on day 1 of the expansion release, I was lucky enough to get a few creates and a few bounties on the road to level 70. By the time I reached lvl 70, I had roughly… 900 Bloody Tokens, give or take, and could buy several pieces of gear.

Doing WPvP, collecting bounties and crates gave me enough to buy 1-2 pieces of Honor gear too. I say the rewards are definitely better than they were in Shadowlands, quite possibly even better than in BfA. Maybe we could see an increase to reputation or more honor?

1 Like

its 2022 anyone with a brain knows the concept of wpvp is DOA and no amount of development will ever make it work

1 Like

You forgot to mention that the World PvP gear does not scale up in World PvP. Defeating the entire purpose of the gear to begin with.

At the moment, it scales upon entering PvP combat but its sort of buggy. I’ve noticed times where I engage and it doesn’t scale me and times where I’m fighting someone and notice I have like 300k hp.

Tooltip says only in BGs/Arena, but its doing otherwise at the moment. :dracthyr_shrug:

I’ve noticed this too on one of my other toons that has the set, sometimes it just doesnt work

People have spouted this nonsense since Vanilla introduced BGs, and it’s never been true. WPvP has persisted forever, it’s just better in some expansions than others due to various factors.

1 Like

But does the Wpvp 6p set bonus work in BGs / Arenas? or only work in Wpvp

only in wpvp for some reason

wpvp for transmog alone will pull in a lot of players. Also it’s great starter pve gear for these first two weeks. Farm the pvers looking for easy boxes while you can.

The set bonus is pretty awesome for wpvp. It might be worth losing some item level for those bonuses even after conquest gear opens up.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would love to see a PSA from the blues explaining their intentions with PVP gear. I’m honestly quite confused about what gear works where, why, and when. My HP is always jumping up and down. There’s like 3-4 different total HP values I see from time to time, and I really don’t know why.

Originally, I had thought that WPVP gear was going to be the PVP gear that scales in WM, and Crafted/Honor/Conquest PVP gear would only scale in instanced PVP, outside of PVE upgrades; however, if that is true, why does my HP keep scaling all over the place? What is happening?

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one. I’ve had this happen a few times where my health jumps to 300k thanks to PvP ilvl and a few times where it stays at 200k health. Would love to hear what they plan on fixing.

2 Likes

Yeah there are too many new changes that aren’t explained or stated clearly in the tooltips…like that item level weirdness and the wpvp set bonus not working in instanced pvp like BGs…etc. yet stuff like nitro boosts and potions work.

It also makes no sense that the honor you get per kill in the open world is 10x the bloody tokens you get. Yet the prices for each pc of gear is the same. BGs give you anywhere from 500-800+honor per win, meaning you would gear up in a matter of hours vs an unpredictable time of waiting/playing all day waiting for supply drops and the 1 or 2 world quests…

Also supply crates appear based on the shard you are in, as I tested with another player on my server, we partied up and they were in a different shard (we’re both in WM ON), and they couldn’t see the supply crate…then I invited them into my party and they phased in and saw it. This is such a buggy system that needs to be looked into b/c it can definitely be exploited like this.

I’ve also noticed PvP world quests have sometimes listed rep as the primary reward yet the icon is a (!) or (?) and not the usual X swords. Then I went to do the WQ and it turns out it was located in a PvP area and rewarded some bloody tokens.

It would be great if they could either up the frequency of the supply drops and/or have more frequent WQ that rewarded bloody tokens so there’s always something to do to get it.

1 Like

Since I started WPvP in the Selfie Patch I did Trashran to get my PvP gear. Back then you didn’t have to farm a LOT of CQ to mix-and-match CQ and Honor pieces(this was to stack the right secondaries). In Warlords I honestly don’t think I spent more than 2 or 3 weeks getting the gear necessary to gank all the way to the end of the season.

So it’s not bad in my take when you say it’s supposed to be the easier path to do instances, because you do that first and THEN you go gank after you got what you needed. The problem we don’t want is if it takes TOO much time away from open-world. This even included going for the leggo ring doing LFR on the side back then also. You don’t get to have dessert(WPvP) unless you finish eating everything on your plate even if it’s broccoli(BG, Arena, etc.).

Thankfully I’m fluent in Comparativese. This won’t work because it’s a zero-sum game of spent time. Time spent in open-world is time NOT spent in BG+/Arena+/M+/Raiding where the focus REALLY is, especially the latter two of the four. You would be depleting raid groups and oh no, we can’t HAVE that going on.

Whatever your sense of “higher” is, it can’t be equal or even too close to equal to instanced content gear. It has to be dog-doo on purpose to ENTICE more people to instances.

Well at least there is a new world pvp achievement Dragonfight Club that gives you “Malicious” title for doing world pvp. It seems like a step in the right direction.

I don’t mean to be rude but i think most players simply do not like wPvP, probably largely because of the reality that it’s basically just ganking/numbers game. Lots of folks just want to do their quests or gathering in chill mode.