World PvP Essence Rank 2

Yea I got it done, the other team did try to attack a few times but they were pretty bad, and I had a great team as well. It was smooth, and fairly simple match up. But I’m still not happy they make us to a PVP island just to say players are engaging in it, when it’s definitely not a fan favorite. Also not happy all rank 1s seemingly need to be acquired before further ranks. Still waiting for them to say something about this, although that’s probably a waiting game I don’t want to hold out for.

P.S. I found it easier to stomach 15k honor grind than a PVP island.

Irrelevant. You cannot force people to do PvP islands. Nice try. It’s the worst content in the game, stop trying to make it a thing.

To be honest pvp islands are fine. Been owned in pvp confrontations, but if you have raw damage that most pve players have you can out gather the opposing team.

For example one game i played we were grave camped for 15 minutes till i broke off and just gathered resources.

We won that game cause the horde were busy killing my 2 allies who were worth pretty much 0 azerite while i gathered the 5k resources left for victory.

I only play solo…BGs and Epic BGs and WPVP…so unable to complete the Island PVP requirement.

Amusing to hear Horde say this. I found the island the easiest of the set by far.

The week prior to that post was BG bonus week so I had almost the full 15k required for rank 2 before i did my pvp island.

The road to 50k is taking so much longer :frowning:

I find it humorous that it’s all Horde players complaining about the island requirement. I had an Alliance guildmate complain about losing 15 consecutive Epic BGs last night and told him to queue for IOC, where he would at least have a 50/50 chance of winning. The requirement for the Horde for this essence is infinitely easier than that for Alliance.

Funny. The hard part for me was the epic BG win. Took 6 tries. The PVP island was easy and I hate PVP. Rank 3 and up is the real problem. Ridiculous to gate a BIS PVE item behind PVP.

I got lucky with both BG wins that week, first tries.

I’m only at 21k into the 50k I need for rank 3 :frowning:

Can you make Essences account bound so I don’t have to try and loot 15 boxes in Nazjatar on all my alliance characters?

So I don’t have to grind 100,000 honor on my Bear Druid in BGs?

So I don’t have to farm dailies on my HOLY priest in the world?

So I don’t have to spend hours in Mythic+ on my enhance shaman so I can have essences to use in PvP, the only content I wish to do on him?

So that I can actually enjoy playing world pvp on my alliance rogue with my friends instead of playing Prot on horde, adding more faction imbalance?

1 Like

Sounds like you are making an argument for removing it from the requirement.

2 Likes

This exacty, or at least make the required achievments that have absurd requirments(looking at you 15k and 50k bg honor chieve) account bound. You still have to farm the marks of honor, but at least I wouldn’t be forced to spend the next two weeks straight in bgs trying to get just three chatacters thier Blood Essence to a reasonable rank.

Just wait til you do the 50k > 100k for the flashy rank 4!

So I am only commenting because the conversation moved to the island PvP direction.

On my main, I got it in my second attempt. It was not even close. We sent a tank to keep the dead occupied at their boat and out pve them with 2 dps because the tank was harassing them.

This only was capable of happening, however, because the poor team had no clue what was going on. It was clear they were in there for the essence and outmatched by people that have PvP together before.

At the start there was a mass rush. People wanted their essence. What happens when I log my mage that has not even unlocked the hear forge yet? A month, two, five months down the line when there is a huge ridiculous queue because players just are not doing the PvP Islands any more? What do we do for those people?

The PvP island requirement was poorly thought out. A normal, an epic, and a brawl and be done with it.

Why? AV and IoC are basically auto win for alliance

wasnt av 50/50 ?

lately? no, not when i was doing it i had to queue for a few hrs and go through at least 6-10+ epic bgs (mostly pre finished ones) before i actually got it; I just wanna know if they’re gonna be easier to get with alts cause I’m not grinding blood of the enemy out again to r3