World of Warcraft

Blizzard themselves calls it retail. It’s in the files for crying out loud.

20 Likes

Blizz named it that. In the game files it’s labeled as retail right alongside classic. So that’s where the term came from.

4 Likes

Call it WoW, warcraft, BfA, dilly dally, whatever you want if it bothers you that much but the file directory has the name “retail”.

3 Likes

checks calendar

Oh, it’s Sunday.

1 Like

Even if it was coined by people who just went to play on pirate servers, everyone knows what you mean when you say it, so…get over it?

The retail moniker makes total sense though because you buy the game in order to play it. Classic is just a sub.

1 Like

i could think of quite a few words more insulting than retail to call BfA.

2 Likes

Now consider yourself informed :slight_smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I prefer to call it garbage, personally.

2 Likes

Its only a matter of time before classic players get blamed for global warming and the next financial crisis. What a failure of a post.

1 Like

someone is upset at classic players again :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

In my Battlenet Launcher is says, “World of Warcraft” or…I can play ‘Classic World of Warcraft’.

But I explained my view already.

and your “view” was cringe

8 Likes

Look at your folders. Blizzard called retails “Retail.”do some research before the rant.

2 Likes

Ahh! I’m in need of a good laugh - OP, keep trying, maybe next Sunday.

1 Like

then why make this post?

1 Like

i only use it because it’s simpler to call it “retail” than say “current wow”.

it simple and gets the point across.

It was created by Blizzard. Crazy stuff.

Imagine making a thread like this and having no idea what you’re really talking about. People need to do some research before spamming the forum with stuff like this, that would knock out 1/4 of the complaint threads.

It’s literally filed under “retail” in the game’s files.

There’s the retail file and there’s the classic file.

1 Like