World of Warcraft: Treacherous Legacy - Prologue

The night sky reflected off his face as Silar stared at himself. His bright yellow glowing eyes glaring back at him as he stared into the waters that gently rubbed itself against the Luminare however, rather than getting a clear picture he only found the color of himself mixed with the darkness of the depths below; a strange shape of purple with two bright yellow wavy dots swooning around.

“I see you prefer your mirrors a bit more natural,” a voice called out from behind him.
“Remind me. You do have a mirror in your cabin, yes?”

Behind him on the stairs of the ship Vylaris stood holding two mugs; moonberry juice mixed with ale no doubt, like usual.

“Can’t use it when you keep whisking it away you narcissist.” He chided while turning his eyes back to the water.

“Oh?” Vylaris exclaimed as he stood next to Silar suddenly with a blink spell.

“Name calling, we’re doing that now?” He said with a hum. “Well it’s not my fault I was born with god like charm.”

He shook his head. “By Elune’s grace your vain.”

“Surprised? That the one blessed with a beauty greater than your goddess is just a tad vain?” He asked in a whimsical manner

“That’s blasphemous,” Silar warned. “Are you having one of those Azshara moments, All quel’dorei go through it during their lifetime yes?”

Vylaris placed a hand on Silar shoulder and smirked. “I’ve had too many of those to count I’m afraid and please, Queen Azshara wishes she was still half as good looking as me”

Leaning on the railing Vylaris mimicked Silar, his own elegant features staring back at him.

“So do you plan to tell me what’s wrong or are we going to stare into the sea till dawn?” He asked doing a deeper inspection on his face.

Eyebrows raised Silar turned to him. “Was I that see through?”

“No, not really, it’s just when I was on my stroll I heard the echoes of a weapon impacting wood in the halls of the ship,” he said, turning his attention to the center of the ship.

“And judging from your top being looser than a dalaran working girl and your training glaive being only a few inches deep into our mast it’s easy to see your stressed or finally succumbed to sea madness and tried to sink us in our sleep.

Silar shoved him lightly.

“It’s the flashbacks, they’re happening again.” Silar began. “Just a few.”

“Just a few hm?” Vylaris took a deep sip of drink.

“I don’t think a few can be used to describe the amount of times I’ve seen you staring into space, alone. Tell me what’s really going on in the solider brain of yours.

Scratching his hair Silars head fell downard. “Do you think she’s still out there? Perhaps she’s in Dalaran still waiting for me to come back.”

“Are going to play the pronoun where I guess who she is or are you going to open about it.” Vylaris asked.

“I mean Velethelon… do you think she’s returned home?” He asked again.

A moment of silence played between the two before Vylaris nodded his head.

“No, she left Dalaran many days after the Legions defeat… I’d assumed she was tracking you down,” He shrugged. “Seems I beat her to it.”

Silar chuckled unhappily as he sighed. “And to think We thought we would be free in the end of this war, that we would live in peace, that we would finally be able to love freely…” He said gripping the railings of the ship.

“So quick to start a war and for what? ” He asked glaring out to sea. “We just put down an entire demonic army and now were back each others throat. Its like a never ending cycle…"

“Since when did anything in our world make sense. Azeroth has been freed from an external threat meaning the duty and obligation, that unity in which the Horde and Alliance once shared is no longer needed.” He said.

“But what if we need to stand as one once more?I doubt the Legion isn’t gonna be the last problem we face in our lifetime.”

“You are correct,” Vylaris answered , his voice now a bit cold. “but who knows, this may be the final test between the Alliance and the Horde and from it will come a new leader of Azeroth for her people and in the end, one of us shall hold the right over the protection of this world and do so alone.”

Vylaris didn’t need to see Silars face again to see how the kaldorei was hurting and instead picked up his glaive, its bandage wrapped hilt worn and loose as one of the blades on the weapon began to crack at its tip.

“It feels so wrong, so misguided. The guilt of fighting those those we once stood with who turn innocents into ash. It will bring an eternal plight to my mind.”

“And who said your the only one feelin’ this guilt!?” A loud angry tough yet caring voice yelled out from behind the two.

On the stairs leading to the decks of the ship stood Baise, standing in her dwarvish nightgown as her long brown hair touched the stairs behind her with an annoyed look in her eyes.

“Ah, Ms. Coppersail your still up…” For a moment Vylaris began to think on his words before beginning to grow a bit still. “Your… up.”

Taking a good look at the high elf who had now begun to begin to shake a tad the dwarf was now beginning to fume,

“Forgive me for not relieving you from midnight watch,” Vylaris admitted looking at the deck before a grin grew on his face. “Well, I can still relieve you just one more tim-

“Ya’ can’ be serious right now! Have ya’ any decency?” Baise shouted this time beginning to turn a bit red that showed clearly on her snowy pale face.

Silar raised an eyebrow, slowly beginning to understand what the two meant to do whilst the ship and her crew we’re at rest. The two had interacted at best not so close during the trip, with Baise of course manning the helm of her ship and Vylaris being ordered to focus on the more magical items in the ship storage, all of that lmost made him forget the entire trip how close the high elf and dwarf were.

Silar shook his head. “Couldn’t even wait till we made landfall.” He said with a sigh.

“Oh, don’t look at me like that.” Vylaris began as he blinked behind the dwarvish woman lowering himself to hold her hair up.

“She was the one who had brought it up. In the most rude manner might I add. To just tug on me away as I was doing an inspection in the lower decks only for me to inspect he-argh!"
Giving him the elbow she pulled away from him

“That enough outta ya!” She snapped walking toward Silar. “Besides high and mighty over there what are you doing up here? Captains quarters not good enough for ya? ” She questioned, pointing to Silar.

“Forge that I had given your commanda’ a reason we didn’t join em on the shore today an’ trust me when I say tellin’ em “just because”, that kin’ of conversation will not end happily.”

Recovering from the Blow Vylaris stood by her side.

“Well as you may have heard, it would seem our dear captain is having doubts in his own ability to lead us into battle.”

Silar gave a simple shrug and nod as the ruins of Teldrassil became a lot more visible in all of its details.

The dwarf sighed as she collected a tiny box, one of the many, she had kept around the ship to stand on.

“Sila’ Ya know your not the only one who has to sacrifice things ya know,”
She began to rub the railing of the ship. “Ma father, ya know died during the broken shore, this ship was smashed to pieces.”

She looked down at clear dents and patched areas on the side of the ship with a few burn marks littered some spots.

"I even planned to have her dismantled but The legacy she’s built up, the pride, the good times, the bad times everything my father had done with this ship will not be forgotten and even though she’s old and a tad cheeky on the turning she will always have an Ironsail at er helm, to make sure her legacy keeps going, and now you gotta do the same.

Baise placed her hand on top of Silars. “Ya got ta keep your mother’s legacy alive, Do what she would’ve done but bette’ but not only hers but ya peoples as well and ya can’t do that if ya keep waging war with yaself.”

“And what if I can’t find a way to be okay with that? Am I going to have to pretend to be something I’m not?”

“No, that’s for you too decide.” Vylaris began as he held out the training glaive to Silar

“You have to find that middle road my friend, as little difference you think you make you are a captain of a group of individuals ready to fight and lay their lives down for the Alliance and the Kaldorei. This is a war that came and will end in tears in which I do not doubt, but if you fail to be ready to lead you are sending your allies to death.

Silar watched the glaive drop in his hands as he felt the sun on his neck, as it slowly beginning to rise behind the ruins of Teldrassil.

“Your not fighting alone remember, You have the Dusk Arrows, you have your extended family.”

“Not ta forget everyone on the Isle, their still waiting for ya ta come back and finish rebuildin’ the place it’s basically our home now ta ya know.”

Silar smiled as he felt an assurance wash over his soul, ever since the destruction of Teldrassil and his mothers passing he’s felt like he was lost, like a wisp without purpose just moving through a world filled with life searching for a reason to keep going, but this pity, this self pity had to stop.

He swore on his mother’s grave, he would boldly stand for the Kaldorei no matter how hard he’d fallen. To not only guard his peoples home but their legacy in Azeroth and to never let himself lose hope when hope was still around.

“Ya know I never got to say a prayer over the lost souls.” Silar closed his eyes as he turned to face the ruins of Teldrassil, his hands tightening on the training glaive as green glow began to erupt from his hands.

The used glaive once began to crack as little bits of grass began to sprout till a single peacebloom began to grew at the end of the place the sun rose with it.

"Forgive me my home, Forgive me for failing you when you were destroyed … I promise alongside the millions of other promises that the acts taken upon you my old home, are never repeated.” He prayed.

Using a bit of druidic arts the wind began to blow from behind Silar as he simply let go of the glaive and watch it fall into the water and float away.

He turned to the Basie , her face smiling as Vylaris held her shoulder, both of them glad to see the return of Captain Silar Windhsade.

“Baise, get ready for landfall and grab the hippogryphs. I’ll be flying ahead to Darkshore this morning. We’ve got a legacy to keep."

Hey guys author’s not here, not sure how I did with this long story of mine but let me know if its any good and if I could do anything better. I put my best into it and the remaining chapters so critiques give me it all!

1 Like