World of Warcraft The Single Player Off-line Game

We all play Wow because we love it and consider it the best game around. But. the day does come when we are sitting at our PCs, we have loaded the game, the Character select screen shows our characters…and Bang! The Internet Connection Dies! Our eyes grow wide! Nooooooooooo! We yell! Well ok this has happened before. So you just deal with it until the Internet is restored. Hopefully soon. Hopefully not days.

Now to add to this dilemma: There are places in the country that either have very spotty internet. Or Are lucky to have Electricity let alone Internet. You would think that in a modern technologically advanced world this would not be a problem. That is not always the case.

Unfortunately for a gamer all it takes is for a relocation due to a family move, school move, work move. And you might find yourself with no internet or unreliable internet.
There is always the situation that Internet depending on location and IP company is too expensive for some people.

So. I was wondering what it would take for Bliz to convert Wow into a single player offline game. And no not like the warcraft 123 games but as Wow online is now. Perhaps with friendly Hire-able Character Bots to form a party with? How would they do it. Maybe on Disc that you loaded to PC’s hard drive? Maybe you would need to be online to load it to your hard-drive? Is this even possible? I got the idea for this when I read an internet article that some people have created thier own Private Wow Servers on their Computers. So I figured maybe this idea could work for a single player Offline full Wow game. Totally separate from the online version. Just for you only. Just on your PC.

Please share your opinion.

3 Likes

This game would be boring as hell without anyone else lol.

I dunno, man. I still have fun. I’ve been guildless since early legion. I barely do any group stuff. Usually short term world groups where we barely say two words to one another. And I only group up out of necessity.

2 Likes

It can be a good idea so when you want to switch things on you can, and I know what you’re talking about there’s places where people are only allotted a certain number of gigabytes to flow throw their plan. This one person paid 140 month just for 25 gb which IMHO is abuse. Devices today are well capable of tunneling greater amounts of traffic than that.

Diablo of all games should be like that by default but I guess to prevent piracy they put everything on the internet

They would have to rebuild progression from the ground up then like Path of exile but then it would be a different game. May be a spin off IP would not be bad though

Sure, and with mod support too, i can see myself playing WoW even more. :smiley:

Yep

One of the things I may do if Wow ever shutdown.

Depends on why you play :slight_smile:

The only time I interact with other players is when I do random dungeons. I don’t do any content higher than random heroic dungeons which could be CompStomp’d (AI) so it wouldn’t really be any different to me than playing online.

Back in wrath before I had internet where I was at I used my phone for data and it had “unlimited” data but was actually “unlimited speed up to 300gb data transfer then throttled” :-1:

Here is how you can make WoW single player offline:

Realize, this is a last resort in order to enjoy World of Warcraft, where internet is not available and will not be available for a very long time. You will only be able to quest & level, enjoy those old soundtracks, and see those familiar NPC’s. You will be completely alone as your computer acts as the server/managing the simple elements: respawns while you quest, tracking quest completion, etc…

Thanks for the video! Amazing!