World of Warcraft Roleplay Guidebook - A resource for new roleplayers to the hobby

Hey there, everyone! I’ve been working on this project for a while now, and I feel it’s at a stage where it can be released for everyone to read. It’s been a project in the making for the last month, and I’m pretty proud of it, to say the least!

Let me present

The World of Warcraft Roleplay Guidebook
Getting Started and Understanding The Hobby

The reason why I wrote this guidebook was I noticed that there has been an uptick lately in New Roleplayers joining the Game, Twitter/Social Media, and seeing the occasional post on Realm Forums asking about what the scene is like, how to get started, and all that. There’s been an increasing interest in the hobby since more and more Streamers, YouTube content creators, and even websites have started to talk about it, and large server Festivals and Campaigns have been getting noticed.

I figure with The War Within coming out soon, Event season coming right around the corner, and Remix starting to ramp down, we’ll begin to see more people wanting to try out the game and see what all the fun is about.

So I hope you take a read and enjoy it. In this guidebook, I wanted to go over how a new player who has never roleplayed before can get into the hobby, including the mindset that one can get into, what the benefits they’d see are over time, as well as how to differentiate between /s and /e to lessen a lot of beginner mistakes so they can start to feel more comfortable joining in. I also wrote about what addons are useful for roleplay (or even immersion) and what they do - complete with links - as well as some general tips on both etiquette and avoiding drama. I even added a small section near the end to serve as an appendix of oft-written terms that new players will see.

If you’re interested, here are the links I’ve got available. I currently have a Text Only version that’s minimal on graphics and images and a Full Version with art graphics, screenshots, and images to help show what I wrote about better. I’ve even got a link to them both in .pdf format so you can read them on your laptop, smartphone, or even an e-reader. Currently, only the text version is available in .epub format due to that format’s nature.

Please feel free to share these with as many people as you want! If you want to share the links or even the files in Discord servers, link to them on Social Media, or make copies of the Google Docs, you are completely free to do so. In fact, I encourage it.

If you have any feedback you want to give me, please don’t hesitate to contact me on Discord, Twitter, or anywhere else and tell me what you think. If you think there’s anything that should be changed, revised, added, or removed, I’d love to hear your feedback. My goal is to make this a community resource that gets build up on with feedback, improve it over time, and add to it. In fact, I’ve already started to outline several other projects related to this one and I’m keeping a spreadsheet with a “To Do” of things to improve on for the second edition.

• NOTE: Since I’m not eligible to post links in the forums, there is a space between google and .com, so make sure to copy+paste it into your browser, and delete the extra space

Full Version Links

Google Doc:
docs.google .com/document/d/16YZxVNGGk2PGCWxZaZr83o-kTPQEx4VgWA9IatSk5oM/edit?usp=sharing

PDF Book:
drive.google .com/file/d/1pMsKtLzdY5aLZhiDLHvF-aPNrUGK6k6g/view?usp=sharing

Text Only Version Links

Google Doc: docs.google .com/document/d/155gmp5G0UjkKsQ18aYjal03LwBbPXVzItA8HI2giRLs/edit?usp=sharing

PDF Book:
drive.google .com/file/d/1-eGqfMD8FBpkbJF1vo1bgr9L5ti_rIju/view?usp=sharing

Epub Book:
drive.google .com/file/d/16tsRLJ0fyU5zQ71Wm8PmQidN2PgMtUzN/view?usp=sharing

Overall, I hope you enjoy it!

3 Likes