World of Warcraft News and Development Updates

So, you want the people who are good at PvP and succeed to get the same gear as you, for joining X amount of BGs?? Seems like a legit reward system.

My more relevant question is - why is this only available to mythic raiders?

I mean…why?

in competitive game mode there should never be unfair advantage
and specially through rating

cosmetics , mount and titles is fine but not this … what ever we have right now
which work perfectly in favor of LFG boosters

" in competitive game mode there should not be unfair advantage for those who have higher rating

imagine in league of legends , they give 1k gold in the start only for those who have higher rating then you !! how the hell can that be fair ???

what i find ridiculous :

we are here trying to convince Blizz devs
that a competitive game mode needs to have FAIR gearing system !!! "

7 Likes

Sounds like you just want your participation trophy to be shiney to me :man_shrugging:t3:

Someone else mentioned anyone can buy it. The official notes are worded poorly on that one.

not really , i have less then 2 weeks in this game
this 9.1.5 is nail on coffin for me.

its the overwhelming majority of pvprs

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-gearing/1083789

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-pvp-ilvl-rating-gates-are-bad/1093272

and so on.

it’s bad broken system and all those who play legit suffer from it.

8 Likes

I’m not sure what your time played has to do with the conversation, but I’ll row with it. Every MMORPG is set up to be a risk/reward system. Those that do the hardest content, get the best rewards. The PvPers that do sit at the top, how do you think they got there?? Afk’d in a corner in Arena’s, or fought through it, got better, and earned better rewards???

This is okay, but the PvP gearing system desperately needs a lot of attention right now.

PvE folks have plenty to be excited about in 9.1.5 but PvPers do not, at ALL.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have to be a gladiator champion or mythic raider just to be able to enjoy random BGs.

7 Likes

My hunter does very well in BGs and his only PvP items are trinkets. Everything else is Korthia and lfr/world boss loot.

how is it not clear !!!

again unfair advantage has no place in any legit competitive mode
it’s self explanatory

for example :

• bodybuilder champion do not get steroid injection pass over those who challenge them
  • league of legends high rated team do not get 1k gold over lower team.

they fight on equal ground over prestige in wow case should ( mounts - enchants - cosmetic - titles )

2 Likes

delete explosives

About as exciting as Twitter patch

1 Like

Well, bodybuilding and LoL are not gear based. Your logic is annoying me, so I will let you run away with your thoughts.

naah hide behind your lv 43 rogue

it’s competitive mode

how the hell you didn’t understand that ?

2 Likes

“Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)”

So I still have to grind out a covenant campaign on my alts to get them max renown? Think I might just stay unsubbed till the next xpac. I really like playing multi-classes and some classes are best with different covenants based on how you play that class. I have already grinding out each covenant campaign at least 2 times already. I cant for the love of god do it again. This xpac was a huge let down.

1 Like

Why does Torghast still not drop competitive gear? Who cares about Soul ash. Layer 12 requires 252 gear but Torghast doesn’t reward gear? Like why make an instance for solo enthusiast to grind and progress through when they have no path of progression. The people that actually would enjoy Torghast and want to do it don’t have any rewards in there so they can do it.

Solution - Adamant vault start dropping high level gear 252 possible. So players can progress in Torghast. You are really missing the mark on this one Blizz. BFA 5 mask visions rewarded competitive gear. Torghast is supposed to be much more than that and just is empty hollow and detached from the expansion.

1 Like

TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED

• The weekly cap for Soul Ash and Soul Cinder has been removed, now allowing players to collect as much as they need or want.
  • Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Ash (up from 20% after the first clear).
  • Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Cinders (up from none after the first clear).

This just screams we need you to stay logged on to keep our numbers up for the investors.

Before it was we don’t want people burning themselves out . Now I honestly don’t think they care as long as the next quarterly report looks better then the last .

2 Likes

While I enjoy the idea of a flying noodle wolf… the weirdly bloated bobble-head makes me wince.

Are there going to be any changes to the rate at which Stygian Embers drop? Because it really sucks when you’ve finished heroic (where you can get 40 embers for a full clear) but are working on mythic and are only a couple of bosses in and you go back down to 10. Not all of us can raid 3 nights a week and have one extra week to farm the heroic bosses for embers.

3 Likes