World of Warcraft is dying in China

World of Warcraft is dying in China.

I’m here to speak to you, Blizzard, and WOW communities all over the world, on behalf of thousands of WOWers in China.

The gaming environment of WOW Chinese Realm has been deeply damaged in the past years. NetEase, the operator of WOW in China, is conniving cheating, boting, RMT, and intrusive advertisement of the boosting service sellers. We cannot enjoy the game in peace anymore, and many of us are being forced to AFK.

The premade group tool is filled with intrusive advertisements that makes it impossible for us to find a non-RMT group for Ny’alotha or any Mythic+. RMT payments have deeply damaged the gold-based economy in our servers.

They are also harassing normal players’ gameplay. Every time when we travel to Orgrimmar or Stormwind, we will get dozens of RMT spam ads through whispers; The Bigfoot World Channel, which is built in the most popular entry level addon in China, is filled with intrusive RMT ads as well. They even changed names of their pets to advertise everywhere.

They use gold farming bots 24hr, and the price of WOW token in China rose up by 50% in the past month.

They even bullies other players in the game. In a Battle for Darkshore Warfront, the boosting sellers pretend to be normal players to build a team, and kick off other 29 players in front of the last boss. Then they invite another 29 players who paid for this to kill the last boss, which brings extremely terrible experience to all players. While facing our compliant tickets, Netease feels “sorry and sympathetic” about the situation.

We’ve been bullied by RMT boosting sellers for so long and we are losing our Azeroth. We just want to save our world . We request Blizzard and Netease start taking care of the RMT companies and their spam ads. These are our appeals:

1. Netease is demonstrating an indifferent altitude to Chinese WOWer’s complaints about those issues. We request Netease to create a section in Netease Battlenet Forum or NGA, the most popular WOW discussion forum in China. The section is meant to set up as a channel for direct conversation between the operating staffs and WOWers. We believe the communication will help rebuilding the gaming environment.

2. Currently Netease is using some kind of program to process our in-game cheating reports. Our reports usually don’t receive any replies, and those RMT farm bots or other kind of cheaters are not punished. Not like the game masters in other servers, the customer service staffs that replies our tickets has extremely limited knowledge about the game, and usually cannot effectively solve our problems. We request Netease to adopt game masters that is familiar with the game and do in-game patrols to stop inappropriate gaming behaviors. Our tickets regarding cheating reports should be taken care by real persons instead of programs, and should receive replies in three business days.

3. Auto farm bots who participate in RMT are now banned only by one of their eight wow accounts. They can easily create new wow accounts to continue whatever they were doing. We request Netease to consider banning all WOW accounts as a possible punishment while significant cheating behavior is spotted. This will risen the cost of violating the rules.

4. We need Netease to add an in-game function that blacklist all characters under the same Battlenet account.

We tried to talk to NetEase in public. We have posted this letter on the most popular forum of WOWers in China called NGA, and got support from thousands of WOWers. The post on Sina Weibo, equvilant of Twitter in China, and got reposted by hundreds of people. But NetEase was being arrogant and ignored WOWers complaints.

We have no choice but to ask you for help to get rid of the harassment and bullies from RMT sellers, to regulate NetEase’s behavior as the game operator, and to change the environment of WOW China to what it should be.

We hope Blizzard can hear us and convey our appeal to Netease. We also hope that WOWers around the world can give us a hand. We are fighting for the same Azeroth, but ours have been deeply corrupted. Please, we don’t want to lose it. Join us toward the criticism against the inaction of NetEase, and help us spread the words. We need Netease to come out and give us a direct response regarding the spammed gaming environment.

We are looking forward to the reply. For Azeroth!

Since I cannot post pics here, the screenshots and video evidences are in this reddit post:
www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/gk94sb/please_help_us_save_wow_in_china/

30 Likes

Jesus Christ dude.

Eh too much? My bad, comments gone.

Pink Floyd called they want their wall back

4 Likes

Gotta say, I thought this was going to be a completely different type of post.

That sucks but the whole reason they even have to use NetEase as a middleman is because your government is heavily against western countries managing their own games in China.

I’m sure Activision/Blizzard would love to be running the game in china without anyone else bungling it and taking a chunk of profits if possible.

24 Likes

I mean I chuckled but yeah might’ve gotten yourself banned there.

34 Likes

Daw cute gif.

How would they fix that besides getting rid of gold trading entirely though. :woman_shrugging:t2: Maybe form a giant guild to fight against having to unfortunately get grouped with these jerks. Don’t participate in their offers. I don’t know what else you can do to stop it. maybe just reply to all whispers with Huahuehuahue!! that will get old to them eventually. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Netease is garbage. Sorry you’re having a bad time OP.
+1 in support but I’m 90% confident Blizzard are fully aware and couldn’t care less because money.

13 Likes

Damn you might disappear over these comments. Quick better run fast and hide.

1 Like

Spot on I say money money its all about money and they will take it anyway they can be hook or crook.

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s not much Blizzard can do, if they try to take any action they can be easily shut down. Playstation Store got shut down recently in China, and there’s not much Sony could have done about it. The government holds all the cards, outside companies have to follow suit just to do business in those regions.

2 Likes

only thousands? i guess it really is dying then

Or you know it could be because the Chinese government requires a Chinese intermediary and Blizzard basically can’t do anything about what they do? Basically Blizzard could shut down WoW China and that is about it.

Edit: Even being able to shut it down is questionable depending on what agreements they have.

3 Likes

Blizzard says 70% of global subscribers are in Chinese region. I said thousand just because few thousands of them commented supportively to specifically this post. :grinning:

And maybe they should instead of sucking up their rear ends like they do. Honestly sick of China and their antics trying to dominate and control everything in the world atm. I hope China get their just deserts and I’m sure a certain President will see to that.

1 Like

They can’t even do that. If they were to try, Netease would simply continue business as normal with their own developers at the head of the game.
China being China they wouldn’t even have to change the name, what’s Blizzard gonna do, sue a Chinese company in China for copyright infringement? That’s gonna be like walking up to Stalin and telling him he cheated off the Marx test and Trotsky was better.

2 Likes

I think they do care, but can’t do anything because China.

1 Like