World of Warcraft in 2024 —The Road Ahead

Why’s the thread been 404ed like twice?

6 Likes

Yup. Gone in a :cloud:

3 Likes

Mod really said if you’ll wanna argue then do it elsewhere

2 Likes

This new expectation for a fourth new raid tier every expansion is puzzling to me because its only happened twice (edit: thrice!), Wrath and Legion (edit: and BFA!), and there are very obvious reasons why they were able to pull that off those two times only (Wrath recycled a raid and cheaped out on T9, Legion benefitted from added dev time when they abandoned WoD).

Three raid tiers + a stupidly long content drought has been the standard, so they came up with a thing to try and gin up interest during the drought while they’re full-speed-ahead on the next expac…and OMG COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! is the response.

Too funny.

10 Likes

Most likely because the guy overseeing people’s reactions saw that folks were starting to get heated or it might have just been an honest mistake. Could also have been they wanted to fix something with the link or… something.

Just take it easy and don’t get into heated stuff to just leave it be. This is an announcement, not a heated discussion thread. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets 404’d again and they just lock it to make folks behave properly. Still a shame about folks talking about it in good faith though.

2 Likes

Looks like a pirate flag.

3 Likes

This looks fantastic. Thank you for the continued open communication! Please keep the roadmaps going forever!

8 Likes

This is exciting to me but I’m a bit shocked that the new xpac is coming as fast as it is, regardless that doesn’t make me any less excited so yay.

5 Likes

Well Ybara did say no pirates next expansion .
He however never did say we wouldn’t see them this one

9 Likes

Sweet looks like my predictions on when things would release was about right.
Got season 4 and 10.2.7 the wrong way round though. I thought season 4 would come after.

Pretty happy with how 2024 is looking for wow.
Doing a great job with keeping the pace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weird. Again. Since my reply was lost.

Boring roadmap.

I appreciate it though.

1 Like

They double posted again and deleted the other thread.

Looking forward to next year. I can’t wait to see what the new holiday is and what’s behind the skull and crossbones.

Timerunning has peaked my curiosity.

1 Like

Going to reiterate it in this thread.

Fated (Revisited) raids suck. It’s a very different experience on mythic than normal and heroic. They’re boring and force you to replay bosses that were miserable to farm and no amount of extra power boost from the affixes makes them fun.

7 Likes

This is the expansion they were introduced in. Hiw is it way past time?

3 Likes

An absolute mind-blowing fantasy for the pirate flag update would be an “open seas” expansion that unites all the different areas of the main WoW map by ocean, allowing one to literally sail or fly from one side of the map to the other! The “loading time” could easily be handled by the distances traversed. Imagine a world with no invisible walls, no random “Fatigue.”

2 Likes

Is Timerunning: Pandamonium a Pandaren themed Timewalking event on steroids?

Don’t think we don’t notice you spelled pandemonium wrong…

4 Likes

10.2.7 is probably the last chance to add those sweet, sweet WoD/Legion Man’ari customizations (with the toned muscles and fel corruption) for the Draenei. Please, make it happen. :dracthyr_uwu:

2 Likes

I think it’s like the Pandaren timewalking version of mythic plus at least that’s my guess.

Maybe it will bring back a means of getting the older sets or phoenix mounts.

2 Likes

Blizzards forum bot usually messes up and double posts. The first thread usually gets deleted. Happens pretty much every time, and they still double post :skull:

2 Likes

So it’s M+ but through MoP? That doesn’t feel big enough to be a keystone feature.

I wonder if it involves all content from MoP? Raids, dungeons, challenge modes, etc? Maybe a way to gauge interest in MoP Classic?

1 Like