World of Warcraft Forum Upgrades!

One thing I'd REALLY like to see with the new forums, is a new armory page that has the characters in the fully animated / rendered view we have in the game character select screen. It would do wonders for the transmog showoff threads :)
11/14/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Siyanati
For those who want a detailed guide to the new forums, check out my guide here in the Heroes of the Storm forums which made the jump about a month ago:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

Fantastic guide, but why was it necessary for a player to produce documentation that Blizzard should have made readily available.
2 Likes
11/14/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Crepe
11/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Solarwynds
YAY!!! But Ythisens we already had our sentimental night on Monday. ;p

Oh.

So that's what "sentimental" means...

And all this time I thought people were misspelling "semi mental"
Go figure
1 Like
The real question, are we getting dislikes back?
5 Likes
Can you post the trust levels for the WOW forums? Will the be the same as other franchises or individualized to here?

Also will past transgressions be expunged so everyone starts with a clean slate?
11/14/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Lunavale
Oh joy, we get to throw away our nicely centered forums for forums that are shifted to the left for...reasons. (among other problems)

Great.

Exactly, a new automated way to control speech. New way to artificially make their forums all fuzzy, by squashing any and all negative posts about anything blizzard, or WoW related. Theres a reason most people cant stand /r, but do what you must to curb any criticism of the game, thats been the SOP as of late anyways.

We see through this literal charade.
5 Likes
11/15/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Velexy
The real question, are we getting dislikes back?

^this. And also players should post with their BattleNet IDs not with their characters so we can avoid people trolling the forums with their level 1 toons.
2 Likes
11/14/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Ythisens
• Threads now infinitely scroll – no more navigating page by page

Wondering, but is there any possibility of an option to turn this off? I like the navigate-by-page method.
10 Likes

It is a shame that these new forums are still brown. Would have been a nice time to give a choice between Alliance and Horde themes.

2 Likes

I want to believe now that we’re using new software it can only improve from here on out, no?

What about this social capital, Orwellian stuff people have been concerned about?

I think people just blew it out of proportion. We’ll have to wait and see how things progress.

I’ve only been looking around the forums for a few minutes, but I’m not a fan.

1. The new layout feels more like Reddit (NEVER go Reddit) than a forum.

2. I like the look of the notification system, but I can’t find any where to turn the system off completely.

3. Replies to individual posts? Why?!

The layout is going to take a lot of getting used to, I think.

3 Likes

I suspected this was the reason for the months long broken history (working on a new forum and thus deprioritized bugs on old one).

Still would have been nice to know.

Jury’s still out on what I think. Preview pane is nice, but scrolling feels kludgy. Overall feels like a lot of clutter.

2 Likes

Notifications can be turned off in your user preferences.

8 Likes

This feels cumbersome and not as comfortable as the old forums. I’m not a fan at all.

13 Likes

Ythsy, tell the people who worked on this upgrade, thanks for all their work.

I personally am totally lost and confused but then that’s normal in new surroundings. Pretty sure I’ll adapt eventually as will everyone else.

2 Likes

Can’t scroll the Blizz Tracker with K and J keyboard shortcuts the same way you can other sections.

Edit: Also there is no navigation shortcut to jump directly to the Blizz Tracker like every other section has.

I suggest the shortcut (g,g) !!!

1 Like

So how should we go about requesting pinned/stickied posts now? Since many are no longer pinned, how can we report/request them to be put back up, or request a post to be pinned in general? Many forums, especially RP realm forums and more specific ones, had tips, rules, FAQs, etc what were community managed. Would just like to get those back one way or another.

9 Likes