World of Warcraft constantly freezing when I first play?

So I’ve been having issues with world of warcraft with it freezing when I first play. This happens on both retail and classic where the game completely freezes and when I look at task manager my disk is capping out at 100%. Actually as I am typing this out I just got the error message ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition! Saying that it failed to read File Data.

I know its probably not what you want to hear but its more than likely an issue on your end. I would try to uninstall/reinstall everything and if that doesn’t help, i would consider formatting the hdd and installing a new copy of windows on a fresh disk. If that still doesnt work, i would consider replacing the hdd or ssd respectively. Also worth noting you should check your pc for any missing updates, drivers, and scan for viruses.

Follow the recommendations from Blizzard at the link above.

1 Like

It just doesn’t make any sense when its only wow that does this. I can play any other game on steam with no issues. Also its on an external SSD that it runs on as well.

An external device is the slowest option for gaming, since it has to go through the cable and then mobo to your other components. Is the external in the correct format? Blizzard games only support NTFS.

1 Like

It should be formatted correctly as someone else I know who has the exact same external SSD doesn’t have this issue. And theirs is formatted the exact same as mine.