World of Warcraft Classic: Season of Discovery Announced at BlizzCon

I’d honestly prefer they just allocate the resources towards shoring up the problems of current retail.

Classic+ is kinda cool and i will try it, but I think it’s something that’ll have the early novelty factor be a hit but it won’t sustain the playerbase for very long at all.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. I’m quite interested in what they are doing with this.

I just hope they have RDF with it.

3 Likes

Until it hits PTR or streamers or people with early access with the beta/alphas.

That it alone, what’s wrong with it being solved? you can still have fun with it, and if the worry is those min-maxers optimizing the fun, well that’s optional to partake.

The game is eventually gonna be solved anyways, perhaps even before it’s out, so why not just enjoy it for what it is?

Many of the excellent games are solved that are still played to this day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At least then though, not everybody follows streamers so the spread of knowledge is slowed which lowers expectations to “get with the program” a bit. Regular Classic quickly got overwhelmed with expectations of following “common knowledge” established on pservers and later on, from preceding seasons of Classic.

They said it won’t have PTR.

1 Like

a 50 dkp minus!

I am here for this.

3 Likes

Isn’t that exactly what they’re doing? They’re changing it from the base game of Vanilla WoW, I have no idea how that is not Classic+. I don’t think Mage Healers, and Warlock Tanks are rehashing old content.

1 Like

Huh. Alright.

It wouldn’t exactly manner since were on the internet and that info spreads anyways.

Akin to a lit match to an entire forest spreading like wildfire. More then 14.27 miles per hour to be accurate.

Shaman Tank please

1 Like

Could you tell what sort of new content they are adding?
Actually unique and new ‘classic’ content?

I need more info, is this basically classic with a twist?, or will they add further adjustments outside of the twist, will “Oomkins” still be a joke?, option for Paladin/Shaman for Horde/Alliance? Are the visuals the same or improved (water ele seems to be using its updated retail model)? New races or class / race combinations?

I’m going to definitely look into the deep dive, I just need more info.

sounds interesting and fun, forums trolls will find any molehill and make it the hill they die on

7 Likes

Give us fresh, not season of disappointment

4 Likes

vanilla hardcore wasn’t too long ago was it?

This looks really experimental and I am SO INTERESTED in where this is going. Count me in - way more interested in this than Cata Classic.

6 Likes

I was very sad when I heard they were doing this but after seeing the changes and what the plan is for the future I am all for it. Just wish we had some more Races to pick from and wish it was coming out sooner. But 4 weeks aint that bad.

2 Likes

we are all officially unpaid retail feature testers

Hey Blizzard, will we be able to create characters for this new season ahead of time?

Season of Discovery HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

9 Likes