World of Warcraft Account Sharing Ban Wave

Please strip rewards from people that bought achievements Blizzard. A 30 day ban doesn’t have enough teeth if they get to keep their ill gotten rewards.

6 Likes

I’m not your dad, google “blizzard bans boosting”. take care.

What kills me in all their flubs with this is, the people who buy boosts put the game down, often multiple months at a time, then come back for big patches and new achievements, so 30 days likely does very little to the bans that were even legitimate.

If you get to keep rewards, what’s the punishment? Pretty dumb. I’d rather they strip rewards than ban for 30 days tbh, if I had to pick one.

4 Likes

Seems like they’re trying to blame losses on player behavior rather than taking more responsibility.

1 Like

“This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.”

You may want to check the ego, at least when you are dead wrong…

3 Likes

I would assume not many.

zooms around on my book

1 Like

Big agree

Supposedly they will be removing/reversing the ill-gotten rewards from the perpetrators, was reading a reddit post earlier where someone posted a snippet of the actual Blizzard email (relevant part highlighted):

If the GMs at Blizzard truly believe in “play nice, play fair” they will reverse/remove said Mage Tower rewards from these cheating players - anything less is just a slap on the wrist, a 30 day suspension certainly doesn’t mean anything if the perpetrators get to keep that book mount or Felbear skin at the end of it

1 Like

Sounds like my bear skin and mount just got even rarer. I love today.

4 Likes

The line of

Should be changed to:
“Along with this suspension, we will remove currencies, inventory and/or ranking/qualifications associated with the account involved in this exploitive behavior.”

I don’t think it should be a maybe question. If a person bought their achievement via account sharing then they need to be held to it and have everything with it stripped. The xmogs, were bear, the mount… achievements everything.

The 30 day ban means that anyone that got banned right now will MISS legion time walking again so they will be barred out of even attempting it til I think july or august? I think?

lol Ikr I was running around on my werebear earlier. I could have went for the mount but… tbh I just wanted the were bear so I may go for the mount later xD

Besides my healing scares people so idk if I can actually complete the healing one XD

Getting the mount was the most difficult thing I’ve ever done in WoW. Extremely rewarding. It had been a long time since I “whooped” when I got something.

2 Likes

I am objectively not wrong at all. Blizz banned boosting. You’re strawmanning for whatever reason. Probably just to troll. Yes, genius, guildies can still carry each other through content, and tanks can offer their service in /2 chat :roll_eyes:

So what you are saying is boosting isn’t banned? Glad we can agree on something.

1 Like

Losing cheaters is not a loss, its a gain for the community

1 Like

Somewhat correct. Cross server boosting communities are bannable

This is from january 2022

I know that, I actually pointed that out. My point is boosting isn’t banned, just the communities that were spamming the heck out of chat.

Ya the mount is pretty and gratz on getting everything! I may give it a try with what I have leveled but idk I may level some new classes that I haven’t played a lot at end game (like rogue and warrior).

Did you do the healing challenge as pally or what did you do it on? I know a lot of people said pally was the easiest but I have no clue how to pally heal and my shaman healing needs work XD haha

I think I can get the dps challenges and the tank challenge is out of the way (or least one of em? idk how many tank / healer challenges there are xD).

Blizz banned boosting communities not boosting entirely. Guilds are still allowed to boost. Players are still allowed to boost.

What’s different is they have to advertise with a player character doing the boost. They can’t advertise on an alt. Though a lot of them are advertising on low level toons.

1 Like

There are a lot of “Gladiators” that need to be reigned in to.

2 Likes