World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Announced!

when? please be more specific than soon* ™

4 Likes

Not really, a lot of fan favorite races actually use similar models to existing ones.

The Fish People are just Nightelf bodies with a Fish head, it wouldn’t be that much to make it work and simply have a “hide helm” option always enlisted on the character much like the Dracthyr do.

There’s also similar options such as using Worgen bodies for Horde and Lizard Heads.

(https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Saurok)

What a let down, guess there is still hoping AOC or the riot mmo is good and understands gamers.

1 Like

Agreed but Ogres are very large and some have two heads. Making even Tauren/Draenei gear fit an Ogre would be a stretch. :wink:

1 Like

Pre-sales information says not later than 31 December 2024.

Early access is such an L

6 Likes

the Early access this for me will be the tipping point that i just say naa

1 Like

So we pay 90 dollars for a mount and transmog…I already have DF. Do we not get a discount for already having it? I am not amused at having to pay 2x for an expansion. I have DF give me extra mounts or some kinda cool thing but DO NOT make me pay twice for an expansion. End Rant :slight_smile:

Not just that, but why do they put the special race courses aka content behind a paywall upgrade?

“Hey what we doing today, guildies?”

“Oh everyone is getting together to do the new special racecourses in a small mini-guild tournament.”

“Oh…well I only got the basic edition of the expansion to the same MMO we all play.”

“Well…sucks to suck, bucko.”

Magni knows…
oh heroes!! I never left ya!

Will they make Thunderfury a BoA finally? I crafted it on a shaman without even thinking about having to wield it for credit.

They never mentioned about legendaries but maybe.

Thank you Blizz!! I’m so excited for 11.0 and beyond! On another note, over the years of playing WoW, Anduin became a favorite character of mine and I felt so sad for what happened to him in Shadowlands and that we wouldn’t see Anduin for some time…the War Within cinematic literally threw me into tears!!

Love this cinematic, I don’t love crying but I’m guessing you know what I mean.

That’s a nice gif of the turalyon. :rofl:

1 Like

Replace Earthen with expanded Vulpera Customisation options and would be 10/10 like making a neutral reskinned Dwarf allied race just tells me you didn’t listen to Horde Player feedback surrounding the Dracthyr Visage.

I’m happy I can finally kill Xavius on non-leather wearers. That’s getting annoying. You know how much crap I’m missing from him?

Playable Ogres?

IF not then I give one big phooey out of 10 for the next expansion :frowning:

oh great. i know how a conversation between mmo players is gonna be like…

‘we got a new class and a cute new race! what’d you get WoW players?’

‘we got a rock.’

1 Like

I wish you guys would’ve listened about having more action in the high end cinematics. Action cinematics make it easier to generate hype. Also more importantly able to link and showcase to any individual to entice them to come play. This was a nice cinematic but still not one that would speak to a lot of people. More so newcomers. That is just an opinion but I feel it is validated.

As for the cinematic itself Anduin is looking nice. Not too old, or too young basically where this character is supposed to be at in this timeline. Also I was happy they did a shout out to his grief in SLs because when the SL content was relevant, I felt it was all coming across terribly. I felt really bad for his character development. (This was just me, but I felt that way about a couple characters in SLs tbh…) It was nice for them to try and do some damage control. I appreciate that. Even though it was a small clip, I felt like it overall translated a lot better. Thrall with some grey was kinda funny but neat.

Speaking of Thrall. Metzen seemed really pumped to be back. It was nice seeing him again. He did great. I hope a lot of people were happy to be back, since it’s been since 2019 that they have held a Blizzcon? I would imagine for regular goers the overall experience might’ve been missed.

The trilogy seems fine enough for the story. I’ll be honest I am not too sure about this new business model of 1 patch expansions? Do I have this right? Like that seems very steep. I would hope each one of these are massive, because to expect customers to pay more for less isn’t going to settle right with a lot of people. Speaking of that, I would like to go into features… I kept looking around to figure out what new features were being offered. It matters a lot to me, I can’t say for anyone else. Still I kept waiting for something to really grip me and it didn’t.

Speaking of features, I noticed they are utilizing dragonriding again. This is a sidenote but, I would’ve tampered with your dragonriding and built upon it. I would’ve had a map or dungeon that is riddled with a vast narrow tunnel system (nerubians) and bring a whole other layer to what someone created with the dragonriding. Yet I don’t think the team is being given that much time to add in a bunch of new features that might come across as striking if you seen them in action. (Or even features that would have an overwhelming positive reaction like playerhousing) I noticed the maps they created were very open, then shortly after they mentioned dragonriding again and I wasn’t surprised at all. The maps aren’t looking as recycled, I appreciate that too.

Speaking of Nerbians those evolved forms are looking stellar guys. Good job on whoever made those. :dracthyr_heart: I did see a topic about people asking why we couldn’t play as those instead of ya know, a dwarf reskin…but we been having a lot of bad luck with allied races for a while. I’m not entirely sure why that is happening, but hopefully the studio can release more allied races that people think look pretty appealing. It’s just a tad sad because, I feel like that is another huge contributing factor that could’ve had potential to pull a lot of people to come play…

The Arathi are giving me slight Scarlet vibes for some reasons and I am totally down with that. I love zealots in videogames, find them pretty fun. I might be totally wrong but I am just gathering this from the designs of them.

I guess last thing I heard out of today that grabbed my attention is they mentioned a vertical map for a dungeon. I think it would’ve been overall more fun to play around with dragonriding and a heavily influenced vertical map, but hey maybe with all these webs they can make something potentially really unique.

Anyways I will probably check in for more news tomorrow about the upcoming content. Looking forward to it. :dracthyr_comfy_sip: