World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands Beta Preview Round-Up

Hahaha. That’s hilarious. The only beta I have ever been in I had to pay for. Well, at least I got Diablo 3 for free at the same time.

any idea if beta is dropping today?

1 Like

It’s supposed to start today. I’d give them until this afternoon since its 6AM on the westcoast.

3 Likes

None of what I have read about Shadowlands, covenants, new abilities has excited me about this new expansion in the least. I pre-paid, so I’ll play, but I’ve already taken several weeks off of BFA from sheer boredom. Seriously, Blizzard… repeating patterns of systems whether it’s weapons, necklaces, “renowns,” whatever, it’s old, especially after you’ve pushed us to grind alts and allied races… and then you give us “abilities” that do… basically “nothing” because your new writers can’t write stats like we used to get 10 years ago. I’m honestly not sure what to get excited about because you haven’t given us much to be excited for. Hopefully releasing the Beta will improve this and I sincerely hope that I’ll be able to get in there and play around with it so that I can get excited.

2 Likes

Ditto this!

1 Like

When do invites go out?

3 Likes

I was wondering the same thing lol.

This kept happening to me. Go to the page where you opt in, log out, log back in, then press the opt in button again. I read this elsewhere, and it finally allowed me to opt in. Best of luck.

1 Like

some went out today based on the thread starting

I accidentally opted in for beta 2 months ago… I do want to be in the beta because I know nothing about covenants so I want to learn as much as I can before I need join for real… If I understand correctly, flying is shadowlands is gated behind covenant rep.

1 Like

I’m hoping they’ll be sending them out throughout the day!! Want it bad…

If anyone gets theirs pls let us know and put us out of our misery!!

1 Like

me too fam I’ma be playing it all day.

i hope i get beta my birthday is soon and i will be so happy, it wood be the best present

1 Like

I will love if I get a Shadowlands Beta invite! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone can beta after it’s the public beta… you need the invite for alpha

after update today , did notice my blizzard app created a world of warcraft beta folder right underneath my retail WoW folder and it downloaded the 9.0 patch, its about 83.6 gigs - but who knows if and when we will have access to that folder . . . heres hoping!

1 Like

We shall see who gets invites. Avid players from the beginning? or Promotional reps ie Youtubers with huge follower bases.

Last Major Beta I had conversations with players who dont even play wow that got invited to exclusive beta’s. Look I get it promotion keeps it going. But losing supporters from the beginning is pretty bad as well.

also my previous beta invites didnt go out in email until 8pm -11pm central

Are they sending beta invites out yet?

No clue :slightly_smiling_face: