World Map (10 chars)

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch that needs to be reported or if it’s me because I have a really big screen and play in windowed mode so that I can stream videos, respond to email… etc while playing. The mini map is fine, it’s the actual world map that I’m having issues with.

The quest markers are frequently way off, for example, they are displaying as being in the water when they are actually on the shoreline, and running along the path to get to the quest, when I open the map to check my location, I’m on the path but the map is showing me as being way up in the mountains or hills.

I have double checked this in full screen mode and it continues to be an issue but before I report as a glitch I’m double checking with others because I do play in custom size and wonder if this is something only i’ve done to myself lol.

There is a bug where the map and the coordinate system don’t line up. It also affects more than just the quest tracker. There’s at least one quest in Dun Morogh that transports you to the wrong location because of it.

Thank you. Based on what you are saying this is a known issue. I think will report it anyway, just in case.

In my experience, the quest markers are all accurate, it’s the map itself that’s displaced. It depends on the zone though, some zones like the Cape of Stranglethorn are accurate

My guess is, instead of replacing the old map with the new one, they just layered it over the old map or something. When looking at the map for Stranglethorn Vale, it will show the entire north and south section like it is from Vanilla to Wrath, however if you’ve discovered Fort Livingston and The Sundering right next to it, they will pop up on the map for the northern section on top of the text where it says The South Seas, completely detached from the actual land. The map itself is also horribly disconnected, with large mountain ranges cutting through settlement names and Zul’Gurub taking up the entire right side and being directly behind Kurzen’s Compound

Also for the record, Outland (and I assume Northrend as well) doesn’t have these inconsistencies, so it’s definitely related to the Cataclysm changes

Seems like they are deploying stuff to allow you do both cata world and non cata world.

I vastly prefer cata zones, but that would be a really cool choice. To allow people to stay in the old zones.

I think it’s livable but the only complaint I really have is that available quests aren’t included on the map. I don’t know why I always thought they are visible.