World cuuuuuup!

U.S. - 0
England - 0

See guys? They are just as bad as the United States.

That was such a boring game. Both teams sucked, England for sure sucked more. Iā€™ll be the 1st to admit that was a sad showing from my home team.

Iā€™m pretty sure the banned beer sales played a role in this! :rofl: :rofl: :beers:

I refuse to watch it. Qatar shouldnā€™t be hosting a cooking competition much less the world cup but were allowed to do so due to blatant bribery.

England team seems very stacked. They all play for top ranked professional teams.

Seems like whenever the US plays in the olympics for basketball lol.

That could apply to ANY soccer game.

imagine tying with the united states :skull:

1 Like

Why strive for excellence when mediocrity is so much easier?

We coulda won if Mckinney learned how to kick the damn ball

Yes heā€™s in the next tier along with Sam Sneed, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, Tom Watson, Harry Vardon, Bobby Jones and Gene Sarazen. They all have betwen 6 and 9 major championships. Tiger and Jack are up around 15 to 18 depending on how you count the British and American amateur.

An interesting case is Walter Hagen, the ā€œFather of professional golfā€ who is credited with 11 majors. He also had five Western Open wins back at a time when that tournament was considered a major along with the US Open and British Open (or as some people call it, ā€œThe openā€).

1 Like

You gotta watch it correctly. Its about watching the men off the ball and how they try to create space to run through. Watching just the ball will make it look like ping pong.

1 Like

What about American football?

Yeah Iā€™ve seen that. If someone runs past them within a foot or two they throw themselves down on the ground on their left side, pull their right knee up to their chest then crank their neck back looking for a referee.

Can someone please explain how that helps get the ball into the goal?

If it is in the goal box (which is the mark box in front of the goal) they get a free penalty shot at goal.

Some times players will deliberately fall on the slightest contact if they want to stop play for various reasons. Not neccesarily for the free kick just to hold up play.

Feigning Injury can add more time to the clock if a team is behind and the 90 mins is coming to a end. Each injury adds time to clock after the 90 mins.

Red cards can be given if the player with the ball and a defender are the only two players in front of the goalkeeper and the player with the ball goes down.

This is one reason why soccer is not popular with a lot of people in America. I guess what you are saying is that the rules not only prevent playing cry baby but they actually encourage it.

What Iā€™ve noticed is that the women seem to be able to play the game without this nonsense. In my opinion womenā€™s soccer is a much better game to watch.

I have seen women do it too. The more high profile the player, the more they will try falling. More chance of a ref giving the foul.

Iā€™m hesitant to respond to this because itā€™s so self-evidently ignorant. But, yes, countries tend to more consistently excel in sports for which they have an interest, a history, and an infrastructure that feeds development, support, and performance - particularly when performance and consistency is so often influenced by immersion at a very young age.

U.S. national side has done quite well in the international scene.

US did great against England, proud of them! Hope they can next beat Iran into the ground. :smile:

If this was for some other specific countries I would agree. But for USA I will hard disagree. The only thing US thinks of when it comes to international representation is military strength . Forget sports literally everything else is based on domestic standards not international even something as silly as the date . :rofl: