World Buffs Fix Needed with Layering ASAP

Why does it have to be one or the other?
You can have layering / not have queues, and still get Rallying Cry / ZG buff

2 Likes

I agree that there needs to be some some solution to this. One of the big reasons people enjoy PVE content is because its their once chance a week to parse and get their name on some leaderboards. This has nearly been removed for most of the players as its difficult to coordinate buffs across layers. I personally think buffs should just go across all layers, and not the specific one its used on.

1 Like

@pollz
It is a 6-8 hour cooldown, so on raid days it requires coordinating with other raids where they will get the 1:45pm Onyxia head, 10:45am Nefarian head, in order to ensure a 7:45pm Onyxia / Nef head off of cooldown
(this is an example)

There is nothing to indicate that you are on the ‘wrong’ layer between other guilds — normally there are literally >10 guilds waiting in Orgrimmar at 7:45pm for the buff to go out at the scheduled time

If there was no CD on the heads dropping, then this would be the easy solution (what you said)

did people not think about this before begging for layers?
i feel sorry for the hardcore guilds getting warchiefs as alli. :smiley:

If you’re in the wrong layer, what is then stopping you from using your own head turn-in? I know very well all the coordination required, but as long as your raid group is all together and the buff didn’t go out…contact the guy who was supposed to drop the head. If it did in-fact go out, then there is no harm at all in just using your own head in your layer.

I wouldn’t anticipate this type of feature work to be implemented for the temporary fix of turning on the already developed feature of layering as a temporary measure to address the massive spike in concurrent users online during the global pandemic we are currently experiencing.

1 Like

@Pollz
Because for whatever reason, the cooldown on the turn-in to give the buff exists on the layer that didn’t receive the buff
So if you’re on the ‘wrong’ layer, you don’t receive the buff when it’s turned in, and you also cannot turn one in yourself as it’s on the 6-8 hour cooldown (even though your layer didn’t get the buff)

(Solution #3 would address this)

@Frosto
Out of the 4 options they have that would fix this, at least 1 of them is feasible

How do you know what is feasible for the dev team right now?

1 Like

If everyone is following the cross guild coordination then zero layers should have the head on cool down because no one really knows what layer they are on.

If it did go out, you should be able to see the head on the stake and layer-swap the whole raid. It takes some hoops to jump through, but if you need your buffs that bad…then the hoops arnt really that bad.

Ignore the non raiders here you 100 percent have a good point. Aq is coming up and having this issue potentially at aq launch is unacceptable

3 Likes

It doesn’t work that way Pollz - you don’t get to see that the head is on the stake, then hop layers to get the buff
You either are in the correct layer as the person turning it in, or you aren’t

It would require 10+ guilds all getting onto the same layer as the person turning it in, and half the time it is sniped by another person knowing when it comes off of cooldown

On top of this, typically Rallying Cry is the last buff that you get, so all other buffs would be ticking / burning as you are trying to get 400+ people onto the same layer

2 Likes

This is the correct answer.

Buh muh parses!

More people than just one raid would like the buff… Which is on a six hour cooldown.

Absolutely, it’s a good point. But at the same time, I don’t completely expect a solution to be designed, developed, tested, and rolled out prior to the situation subsiding, and the removal of layering…

1 Like

The tools are there to force your whole raid into a single layer. The argument that “someone can mess up turning in the head” is not a strong argument since that can happen now and you can reset it with some hoop-jumping.

If the buff is really that important to your guild then you have all the tools available to you to ensure your whole raid can get it. You don’t need any more changes to the changes to get it done.

You don’t need to brutefoce all guilds into a single layer…you just need a head for each layer and each guild just sets up a raid and forces each team all on the same layer. 1 guild drops a head…when it goes off and your layer didn’t get a buff? Just drop another head.

1 Like

Again, it doesn’t work that way. You cannot just ‘drop another head’

1 Like

You CANNOT. Dropping the head in one layer starts the cooldown period in ALL layers.

If your layer didn’t get a buff, does it lock out all other layers?

Yes.