World buff meta is trash. That is all

I suppose I did mention that, though I probably should have just kept it to myself.

In what way does it seems like I’m lying?

:woman_shrugging:

I guess I don’t like/am not allowed to play SoD because I disagree with world buffs, which don’t exist in any other version of the game starting from literally the first expansion

2 Likes

It isn’t that you’re not allowed.

World Buffs in SoD don’t seem to be going away any time soon. If you don’t like them and/or don’t want to play with them, you don’t have to, but of course that will mean that you won’t be playing with any group that requires them.

Not all groups do, but in my own anecdotal experience, it’s much easier to put together a raid group of people with full world buffs and full raid clear in a reasonable amount of time than it is to put together a raid group without requiring world buffs and do the same.

Of course though, as you have mentioned, there are other games and even other versions of WoW you can play right now that don’t have world buffs, so that’s also an available option.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Then play those other versions of the game. You had Season of Mastery where world buffs didn’t exist, and despite being the loud minority they’re back. If you don’t want to spend the 30 minutes getting buffs, maybe it’s not for you.

World Buffs existed in classic, and it seems like the majority like them.

Yeah that’s why I click off Fort, Salv, etc when raiding.

I don’t need your buff crutches!

There’s a different between raid buffs that your teammate provides and foodstamp handout buffs you get just for existing in Felwood or Booty Bay so you can crit more to keep your infinite rage bar

2 Likes

WBs are already insanely powerful and require no improvements :expressionless: But yes, they should always be disabled in instances. They’re called WORLD BUFFS. you should only benefit while in the world.

2 Likes

You aren’t a guy at all.

Liar.

1 Like

I am free to play this version whether I agree with world buffs or not.

All I’m here to say is that a majority of the community would be relieved or not care if world buffs were removed from raids. Nothing more.

Yeah we have ehard that before.

citation needed please. This horse been beat

1 Like

Then play this game, just know world buffs are here to stay.

Despite your claims of a majority, if Blizzard cares enough to implement new world buffs, it’s obvious that there’s more who like them in the game than not.

Here is a little story, in classic vanilla there was a guild I think they were called Blade of Kill on alliance Arugal server, they would camp blackrock mountain almost all the time and ofc the chronoboon wasn’t out yet so instead of trying to get to our raids massive pvp would happen, as a shaman I was spamming purge on them and watching all their precious world buffs go 1 by 1, I ended up dying multiple times but it was funny to at least think I removed a crap ton of buffs from them, all because they decided to just camp the place for pretty much all of MC and BWL days.

1 Like

Majority of raid organizers DO force you to bring them (usually want pots and consumes too), which I don’t see the issue with since they’re OP and you can’t complete a raid by yourself. The only groups that don’t force you to bring them are the 4/8 runs where someone has to leave an hour in because their wife got mad at them for not taking out the trash and putting the kids to bed.

Imo if they’re gonna continue a wb meta, at least let us keep them if we die in a raid instance. (thing to note: they should still be lost on death outside of a raid instance) Tons of groups end up disbanding because someone got mad that they lost their wbs. That change alone would make it a lot nicer for pugs.

Ummmmm…

Eyr?

1 Like

What are they?

What planet are the raids on? :thinking:

1 Like

You’ll never catch me guessing what the community at large wants and then asserting it as fact.

All this “silent majority” contrived BS has gotta go.

Ah yes, world buffs were so wildly successful and loved that they were continued into TBC and beyond, right

No silent majority bs or whatever you’re saying needed for this one. Most players don’t like them or don’t care if they exist. Very few are in defense of keeping them. It’s too obvious.

1 Like

I sure do love em!

Good thing we’re not playing a game built on the garbage that came after Vanilla :face_exhaling:

instances are not the world and you know that :expressionless: