World buff consumables ruined World PvP

All of these Ruby Feast buffs and Bakar companion and every other buff added into Dragonflight has made World PvP absolutely boring. You get zones being camped by groups of 10+ people all stacked with every single buff and are impossible to kill unless you get an even bigger group.

Remove them

9 Likes

Where are the groups of people usually at?

Server and zone?

2 Likes

I agree that the amount of “stuff” we can stack did get a bit out of hand in Dragonflight. But it’s not like it’s hard to aquire these things yourself.

1. Purchase the phial and weapon rune of your choice from the auction house, also grab some Fated Fortune Cookie

2. Get Volatile Crimson Embers from the Bloody Tokens vendor

3. Do the quick and easy quests for Shikaar Hunting Horn and Ruby Feast buffs.

I’m sure there’s a couple others I’ve missed. I know it all sounds ridiculous, but trust me it’s not hard.

2 Likes

The fact that even gathering stuff gives you buffs, I kept getting stunned(Frozen) any time I attacked a gold farmer.

Lol at either being specifically easy, 1 rotates unless you specifically stop depending on the day. The other is pretty far in on renown.

Then there’s the keeping up the world pvp ‘set bonus’ effect. the 10% reduced dmg taken buff, etc

well thats was pretty OG of you i appreciate it

1 Like

i agree completely since i keep running into the same players every time i go to pvp WQ no matter what time of day (after 3am they are there for at least 4 hours or more… i leave i gotta sleep) the WQ takes me 2mins on each toon i farmed it 15x and they were all still there and its 5 v 1 everytime too

3 Likes

i am usually seeing sargeras and frostmourne players a group of 5 or 3 and one will 1v1 me and then the rest of them SUDDENLY come over if im winning the 1v1 and then they camp me
and its not even about them doing the WQ because they’ve LONG completed that one haha i did the WQ on 10x toons they still all there

Never been about the stuff being difficult to get. They’re very easy to get.

Their existence made WPvP less fun. Even if you’re abusing them. Dragonlight’s damage is fast-paced enough that it doesn’t need the absurd stacking WPvP buffs.

But Bakar is the worst offender. Don’t know who thought an effectively unkillable companion who can facilitate 1-shots while boosting the player’s primary stat by 20% was a good idea to allow in PvP.

I have all these things, mind, and can say that the game would be better without them. But that goes tenfold for Bakar. I don’t think Blizzard is even aware that it’s abuseable in PvP, it’s so outrageous it can’t be intended.

2 Likes

Bakar is Renown 23 and we’re already at the end of expansion. If you aren’t Renown 25 by now then that’s just a you problem. Not to mention, buying a boost or preordering the next expansion for the free 70 boost gives you Renown 20 with the 4 original reputations.

You kill 10 people. That’s not much upkeep. You lose it when you die or take a portal. You don’t even need to really contribute for the kill either, you can literally land on someone with Dragonriding and if they died shortly after you’d get a stack.

I use them and I don’t think it makes WPvP less fun. I find it fun to 1v5 or whatever on my Survival Hunter and my Discipline Priest.

World buffs are great for solo players imo, it gives a solo player the chance to fight off a larger group of players who think they can go around camping areas just because they have more players.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware you just get level 23-25 from PvPing! Neato. /s Even doing WQs casually, nope not 23-25.

Well, never have found 10 people not in a group! Weird how that works, seems like all the people in Warmode just group up to gank.

Check, too many people that run around as healer/tanks that no single DPS can kill.

3 Likes

You must’ve skipped the part where I said on my Survival Hunter as well, which I’ve mostly been playing for the past month.

Oh yeah this is my Hunter by the way in case you somehow didn’t get that.

Didn’t know that a few bi-weekly quests were that hard for the average PvPer! Camp Aylaang quests are quick and easy to do!

And like I said, a boost gives you Renown 20. Stop being lazy.

If you’ve never found people not in a group then it seems like world buffs would be a perfect fit for you, since world buffs help you fight against said groups! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, very 767.

Wasn’t aware a couple bi-weekly quests got you from 1-23!

Thanks for proving the game is Pay to Win for PvP, anyways.

Not the one that just does wpvp cause you can’t handle arena.

Sorry, can’t get the 10 stack.

Not really!

Bye though, see you never.

It can, yeah, especially when you just do the content instead of being lazy. That’s how I got the Bakar on my Priest at the beginning of the expansion. Doing the regular questline through Ohn’ahran while leveling gets you to atleast Renown 8-10. If you want to go the extra mile, do one hunt a day too. Up to you really how much effort you want to put into it.

If that’s how you see it, sure. I pre-ordered The War Within because I wanted the beta access, so I mean I got the level 70 boost for free and used it on my DH. :dracthyr_shrug:

Like I said, had you just put in a tiny bit of effort from the beginning of the expansion, you would’ve had bakar + other things.

I do arena, but only at the beginning of the expansion for gear. Once I get my conquest gear, I don’t need arena anymore so I stop.

World PvP is much more fun than arena in my opinion. To each their own.

You really don’t need the 10 stack. Friend of mine, an MM hunter, runs only mastery gear and doesn’t run the WPvP set because the stats on them are bad for him.

All depends on your class really.

Yes really! That’s why Dohvic here is salty and made this thread. He lost 2v1 to my hunter as a devastation evoker + fury warrior. Even lost as a preservation evoker + fury warrior

Ask the others on the forums who have fought me on my hunter or priest.

1 Like

This is actually kind of embarrassing and cringe.

2 Likes

I mean you’re the one alt posting

How is he alt posting? Huh? Unless you’re talking about me, in which case, I only posted on my Hunter and I made that very clear that it was me, I’m not trying to pretend to be another person lol.

Only posted on my Hunter in case you were to say something along the lines of, “of course you can solo pvp, you’re a healer!” in some attempt to discredit me :crazy_face:

I do solo WPvP on my survival too.

the solution has been clear for at least 10 years now, wow needs a Hero Buff, this is how this work:

in a fight 10v1 the 1 gets a massive buffs that reduce all damage taken by (1-1/10 = ) 90% and increase all damage/healing done by (1-1/10 = ) 90% and it should be proportional to the difference of numbers always, for example on a 2v5 the 2 should get a buff that reduce all damage taken and increase all damage/healing done by (1-2/5 = ) 60%

so the math is extremely simple jet efective is always:

• (1 - SmallerGroupCount / LargerGroupCount) * 100%

even if your group is only you, you could be the solo hero able to keep a fair fight against 10+ nobs

The buffs are fine, any individual player as Alph stated can get them and it’s not even a lot of work with the only “hassle” being the centaur rep on alts if you don’t boost.

I would argue as it stands you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not having buffs since a lot do these days; so whining about people “cheating” or whatever is rather silly.

My issue is what was mentioned earlier is that if you join a group, the buffs should go away and not be allowed as it promotes nonsense with groups of 5 and even more from holding world quests hostage without giving “most” folks even a chance to defend themselves.

This person is mostly right. Normal World PVP Buffs are fine and can actually make WPVP more fun and exciting than Random BGs, however the Bakar companion is terrible and unfair. Nothing in this game should be able to take you from 100% HP to dead without interaction.

As it stands, you cannot react to the Bakar companion and if you do not possess one yourself then the other player is unbeatable. Regardless of the ability to use one, this is bad game play design and should be corrected.

If you are referring to the Bakar companion as being “fine” then you are completely wrong. Normal stat buffs, items (volatile embers, engi boots/gliders), food buffs, potions, etc. are all good but not being able to react d/t being one shot makes the entire interaction and combat scenario pointless.

You can easily react to the bakar companion. There’s a buff that’s applied on both the player with the bakar and the bakar itself. It’s a 6 second buff that will copy all the damage the player does in that time frame and then the bakar will unleash it.

If the bakar is CC’ed or doesn’t have a target to cast it on when the 6 seconds is over (if you CC or feign death when it’s at 1 second or something) then the bakar won’t deal the stored damage.

You can easily get an addon that tracks buff/debuffs and add Fatal Bite to it that will tell you how long it’s up for. It’s very easy to counter.

It’s crazy that people don’t know about this and say it can’t be reacted to when you literally have 6 seconds to react to it. That’s a long time for a PvP fight.

1 Like