World Boss Loot

Good day all. I’m trying to determine if I’m unlucky or missing a method/mechanic. I killed my first two world bosses this past week. Doom’s Howl and also Azurethos. Neither time was I able to find a loot cursor when the fight was over. Both times I received no loot other than the quest for the world quest. IL at the time was about 302 if that plays into it at all. In a raid formed at each fight. Joined during on Doom’s Howl and before combat on Azurethos.

Am I missing something? Or are these not 100% drops of 1 item for first time killing?

TIA.

Did you see a pop up that shows azerite or gold gained pop up? Sometimes instead of gear you get a secondary reward. One way to confirm more readily whether or not you get a legitimate chance at gear, is to have the currency that gives you an extra chance at loot, as it will pop up asking if you want another roll. You can get one from the building you reforge azerite gear, or do transmog.

Thank you for the reply. When I next fought a WB, i kept your words in mind with the pop-up, etc. I also this time found a clickable body. But nothing in it.

I may not be lucky, but now i know I’m not leaving loot behind which was the real fear.