World Boss Changes are Needed

The way it is now is ridiculous. I think most players would agree that if you don’t use all your characters for a chance at the mount you feel like you are missing out. And since each boss takes about 15min to spawn, times 5 bosses, plus travel time, that’s about 90 minutes per character!

Since pre-patch I have completed over 300 attempts and I am still empty handed so this is still a very time consuming process just as it was 10 years ago when I first started trying. All at a time when we’d all rather be playing the new expansion.

Their health/damage taken has not been changed for years. If you miss it you have to wait even longer, up to twice as long.

Using addons for keeping track of which character is saved to what, how many coins they have, when the boss will spawn, etc. - is not fun either.

World Boss Mount Chances could be Account Wide, instead of per character. Or their respawn time could be changed. Something needs to change! I encourage those reading this to add their thoughts.

You want the reward, you put in the effort.

As an avid mount hunter, I say no.

2 Likes

I disagree, these were created for the purpose of using a large raid group outdoors. And back then the boss was generally always available. They took much less than 15min. to complete. Today they are camped, we have legacy damage, cross realm zones, the bosses remain up for a few seconds at most.

Imagine you are trying to complete a quest but everyone across different servers is camping the NPC that spawns for that quest. And you can’t complete it because the NPC keeps getting burned down.

I’m not afraid of doing “work”. You log in using what time you have to play, get your character there, but you can’t do anything because the objective is not there. I don’t think waiting on a arbitrary timer is really work. I just want to make a suggestion to improve things. I don’t see how these bosses should be treated differently than the bosses in other legacy raids.

Really? I got all 4 mounts over 2 weeks on 20 toons using bonus rolls(Less then 80 attempts total). Kinda surprising you’re sitting at 0 with 300 attempts.

some of their abilities are also not threatening at all - barely can be called ‘bosses’. There needs to be more opportunity to wipe and fail.

Yeah I think my math is right,
Week 1: 20 toons x 5 bosses each = 100
Week 2: 20 toons x 5 bosses each + with bonus rolls = 200
Total of 300

I don’t know if I should count the bonus rolls but even still 200 is a lot if you don’t count them.

The older world bosses just need to be given the modern treatment (1 min respawn). Problem solved. You can only get loot once a week anyway, and this worked fine for world quest bosses.

Blizzard please pay attention to this, now that players are level 70 the up time of bosses is measured in tenths of a second, not even full seconds plural. Bosses are dying before abilities like throw glaive can even impact them.