Work Orders: Set Quality to Public Orders

As per title, allow crafting quality in public work orders. I see this isn’t the first post like this so I don’t need to elaborate.

2 Likes

Just put an embellishment or missive in it. Alternatively contact people and tip them appropriately?

Do embellishments / missives create a minimum quality for public work orders somehow? I don’t know what tipping has to do with this, someone that produces lower quality crafts would still receive the same tip on a public work order.

To apply a missive there’s a minimum investment in knowledge, so you’ll likely get a slightly better average result from public orders this way.

Private orders offer you the ability to find someone that can craft it at the level you want with the additional add-ons you’re looking for; Generally this costs a decent amount, where as the public orders that get thrown up are like 50 gold sometimes. This usually is either a) not picked up because public orders are time limited to crafters, or b) crafted with horrible quality since it’s just thrown up to get done quickly so you don’t weed out people who barely meet the requirements.

Have you not seen people spending hours trying to find someone that can craft the appropriate levels for them and giving up without finding anyone?

I understand how it is, and am stating an opinion about how it should be. I don’t need to be told how one goes about finding a crafter, I am informing you that people struggle to find one and it’s detrimental to game play.

It blows my mind that blizzard still hasnt streamlined crafting after 2 years. I dont want to have to spend all my time whispering people because i have no idea what the end result of my craft will be.

Crafting will never be streamlined. The needless complexity, inconvenience, and grind is part of driving MAUs.

This, I provided max quality mats (that weren’t cheap!) and a really good tip… and its not the quality I wanted. We should be able to specify quality in crafting orders. I just wasted 90k gold.

2 Likes