Worgen Need Tails!

In those movies they were more human than wolf though weren’t they? I mean the 2010 Wolfman movie the werewolves had tails, you see them when they’re running around killing people… so…hey times change give the worgen optional tails. Lore can always be changed and could be the tails are a gift from a blessing given by Goldrinn

2 Likes

Ah yes “muh lore” people. People still taking lore after shadowlands seriously, even after lightforged draenei warlocks, brown elves were never a thing in the lore until blizzard just randomly added them in for customization purposes, all classes coming to all races regardless of “lore”, I can go on and on. If you’re argument is “muh lore” in retail, it won’t be taken seriously

3 Likes

This. So much this. But it’s not like Blizzard has ever changed their lore before right? Right?! They aren’t known for retconning most of it every other expac. Totally not Blizzard.

2 Likes

You…do know Lore can be changed or added onto right? You do know that new stuff happens the story shouldn’t be bound by the past forever right? The concept art of worgen had tails, the pack form worgen no doubt had tails, so there’s zero logical reason why a blessing from Goldrinn wouldn’t grant the worgen an optional tail. Also it’s not only one game that werewolves had tails but there’s no doubt several by this point

6 Likes

So?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/658364135934918656/1144221071319511091/worldofwar-timeschange.gif?ex=65b23bea&is=659fc6ea&hm=17e0303fbb513e060496e35d8f38e9c1eecb9e9dc9979f5b537c44cac85c9890&

The fun thing about magic is it can be altered without hurting the lore. Goldrinn can give Worgen a blessing and oh look now we have the choice of a tail. Both sides are happy if its optional and more lore choices open up new things to stale existing races.

6 Likes

That’s true yes, they were more human than beast in the classics. Generally, anyway.

I mean I just don’t think it’s so big of an issue that bucking on it is even necessary. It’s an option that people that want it can have. I don’t even play worgen, I’m just a fan of more customization options.

The only thing people have really cited as their reasons is that it’s canon. Someone used man’ari as an example of canon changing, but I think an even more pertinent example would be Dark Iron dwarves.

As far as I know, Dark Irons in no example of the game prior to their model updates had flaming beards. They were described as having ashen skin and fiery eyes iirc, but not fiery beards in any other context than the color red. I know for sure they weren’t depicted as such in-game.

I could be wrong, I’d appreciate correction if I am, but I’m thinking that’s right. Giving worgen tails would be a lesser evolutionary change of their models than flaming beards to me.

But, whaddo I know. I’m firmly on team More Options so whatevs.

3 Likes

Anyone that uses the argument of “MUH LORE” needs to take a looooong look at what has happened to the lore in the past 5 years alone. There is no lore at this point. Blizzard butchered it because reasons.

5 Likes

Oh like how Blizz stuck with Shamans only for Horde and Paladins only for Alliance? Shush.

1 Like

You sound so fun at parties :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The mythos for a werewolf is that they don’t have tails. It was the only way to tell that a person turned into a wolf person thing.

Take that for what ever it’s worth, and if you don’t care about the mythology then I can understand maybe wanting tails. But I personally don’t think they should have tails, or maybe it could be optional, which would probably be the happy medium.

Hrm what if they were optional like panda girls.

1 Like

If tails are important just play a panda.

Hrm what if they were optional like panda girls.

We’ve already been asking for tails to be optional so that those who want them can have them and those that don’t can remain tailless.

4 Likes

Says the Dracthyr.

4 Likes

You are wrong Kittredge. It depends on the lore you are looking at Werewolves tend to have tails, Wolf Men do not. Skinwalkers are a mix of tail and no tail depending on where you get the lore from. Part of what we are asking is for it to be optional so people are free to choose if they want the current look or a look with a tail. Both sides get to be happy that way.

3 Likes

Let them be cursed with tails…

1 Like

Here’s the thing nick. We had an agreement nick. Worgen tails nick. Reclaiming Gilneas nick. Pay up nick. Pay up Nick.

1 Like

The worgen curse is ultimately a druid form. That’s the lore. There can be multiple looks to the same “form”.

Just give them a form with a tail. Did yall get bent out of shape over werebears and cat-raptors, too?

5 Likes

You don’t beat the op in upvotes so you lose.

I don’t like to play my Worgen because he has no tail. In European lore we usually have Wolf-like creatures with a tail and it looks very off not seeing them in WoW. I mean, if we can racial diversity, so why not also for the Worgen-players?

These are clearly double standards.

3 Likes