Worgen death knights

To the worgen death knights out there, what is your backstory? The way I understand it there are two problems with lore inconsistencies when it comes to death knights and worgens. The first is that WotLK was before Cataclysm when the worgens as a race were introduced and Gilnean worgens could leave Gilneas. Second is that since the worgen curse is rooted in the Emerald Dream, it is harder to raise them and that valkyrs are powerful enough to ( :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging: maybe that means that only the Lich King can raise worgens but let me know what you think). So how was your worgen infected and raised to serve the Lich King?

I think canonically it is said that worgen death knights are the worgens who escaped shadowfang to later be raised in undeath. Idk if this is shadowfang keep so the worgens would have been from the surrounding villages around Gilneas City or shadowfang tower in northrend so the worgens would have been from the trapper communities in Grizzly Hills.

2 Likes

Shawnna(Shai) was born right outside Gilneas and her family raised gryphons for other towns needing transport. Her parents tried to heal her when she was bitten by her best friend. But when she first turned, she killed her parents and ran. For a while she found a new farm and kept raising gryphons. She even raised one super closely, unable to fly like the others so it stayed inside the large house with her.
I always forget WotLK came first so i have made her backstory already. may need to change it to suit the time line.

When Arthas came through to Quel’thalas, some scourge ran into her farm and killed her. She had been impaled through the stomach into the wall of the barn. She had been staked halfway through her attempt to turn. She now is stuck with worgen feet and claws on her hands, plus some short fur on arms and chest. There is a "healed/rotted " patch in her stomach now, always covered by bandages.

Arthas had the ghoul pull her down and take the gryphon with them. (turned it into her personal ride if she knelt to him.) Shai was brought back from death but managed to keep her memories and humanity. She agreed to work for him, gladly killing anyone who she doesnt know. Sadly the worgen she had to kill in the barn under orders was the best friend who originally bit her.

We all know how things worked out after the Death Knight starter zone.
But now she stays in a tavern owned by another Death Knight. There is a cavern system found underneath the tavern by a secret door. (I’ve drawn it out before and all my toons live down there except a few horde) She befriended a small Satyr named Saraia (nicknamed her Sara) who runs around with her now.

2 Likes

There are two ways it happened.
Shadowfang keep and Pyrewood village. Also yes the Lich King is stronger than a Valkyr, and that is why he was able to raise worgen.

Vargrsten’s back story is long so ima break it down.
He was a farmer in Pyrewood village that ended up getting turned while hunting for game. Eventually the scourge got him and he was raised. Due to being a Worgen for a while, and then having his animal mind shattered by the Lich King, Vargrsten doesn’t remember his previous life. Every now and then it haunts him, and he remember snippets, but not much else.

He returns to Pyrewood every once and a while to visit his families graves, but he doesn’t know who they are or why he does it.

Currently his driving force is destroying the Horde and the scourge. His drive to protect are high, and when he fights he gets glimpses of the worgen instinct. For this reason he relishes in battle.

3 Likes

Is there a particular question about worgen deathknights troubling you? It is true, the worgen deathknight adventurer is one from Shadowfang. But really, since we know worgen can become deathknights by the Lich King’s hand, and there were worgen in Silverpine Duskwood and Northrend, a worgen deathknight could have been from anywhere, as long as the body was brought to and raised by Arthas or - just recently - Bolvar.

One of these days I’ll get around to my own worgen deathknight, Deephowl, based on Raze from Underworld.

1 Like