Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Actually I was not because he wasn’t nearly as big then as he is now. Probably why they stuck him in the booth without a line.

Stay hopeful. I know it looks grim but believe!

Aye, just because there is no news doesn’t mean it won’t happen/isn’t coming.

Take Vulpera for instance, even in the alpha datamining it looked they would be playable, large amount of work on the model over npc races, player animations that would never be seen on a NPC (train emote, swim backwards animation with the tail fully rendered for the moevement, not just goblin animation, etc…), heart of Azeroth animation, and the ChrRaces file stuff (old speculation article https://www.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun)

Through all of BFA those who hoped they may be playable just got silence with nary a word, or the normal blizzard deflection, such as the ‘infamous’ blue post saying that they getting all these player things doesn’t mean they would be playable, that “all npcs” would be getting this level of work going on (Sure Blizzard), until finally long after all the other AR’s were earned and being played they were confirmed for patch 8.3 that didn’t happen until January of the year Shadowlands came out.

Blizzard has a long history of complete radio silence to community questions/requests and then suddenly bringing it out, or above and beyond attempts to deflect from what is found that they are doing (such as when Goblins & Worgen were revealed by hallows end masks, that at that point were only of playable races, and Blizzards deflection this time was to throw in a bunch of NPC races as masks to try and deflect the obvious)

Anyhow sorry for the post length, TL;DR, I have hope that Worgens will get customizations they want, and have best wishes that they get them sooner than later, but radio silence from Blizzard doesn’t mean they won’t be coming, or may be already being worked on

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be too grim about the situation, only after the initial Shadowlands customization reception did they somehow realize that customizations are huge for the player base, so they scrambled to create more for the few ARs that got them in 9.1.5.

Which, if we’re being honest, a good chunk of them were just copy-pastes from parent races with the exception of Nightborne who obviously needed a more personal touch.

Them realizing this too late only means that they’re just now, putting emphasis on customization and I’m certain they’re working on a good chunk of them for 10.0.

Pretty cool paint-over/edit from twitter.

I am kind of wondering if we are going to get any new customizations with 9.2! Need to stay vocal!

Hope everyone has a safe holiday!

Too much turkey.

Anyways! Back to the spring of things. I’ve been seeing a lot of amazing worgen art on my Twitter feed. Man, I really wish we could have actual good char customization for all.

1 Like

Trying to bring some more life into the thread; but what ideas do people have for more ear styles? For example, what about one where one of the ears is torn up or is missing a chunk while the other remains intact.

Also: what about a couple of new hairstyles for worgen that don’t have the mane? Instead, they’d have hair closer to the human styles on these. It would reduce clipping on helmets and hoods. Though it may make the models look strange.

Well we have seen Blizzard toy around with this idea already in Hearthstone, probably testing the waters, one of which is using the obviously new worgen model for the looks, for all we know it’s already being worked on in the background much like tails are!

#GiveWorgenTails

5 Likes

Hearthstone channels what actual WoW players want in the game, though :slight_smile: Sucks, it’s like Azeroth’s internet or something, and they get all the cool combos and looks. They made a Void Elf Demon Hunter character recently, that’s insane too.

1 Like

And Saberon

1 Like

That probably has more to do with what Blizzard said in the past where eventually every race will have a demon hunter option, which we probably won’t be seeing till 10.0 in the return to azeroth expansion which will more than likely be a huge timeskip type expansion where every race has had the time to train under demon hunters/many other class race combos, gadgetzhan having grown to the huge industrial city hearthstone teased way back when, gilneas is probably gonna be claimed by worgens again knowing how over zealous turalyon is, especially with Genn by his side edging him on to take the lands they previously lost. Maybe we’ll come back to tailed worgens as well. Next expansion is the make or break for Blizzard, so a huge return to azeroth will definitely bring a lot of people back.

that too!

I have been lately RPing with a friend of mine who is a Worgen…
What would you guys say to a bulkier version of the standard model?

2 Likes

sure, i don’t care either-way, and it does’nt effect me, but hey, it’s in the art, so it should be in the game. so all i got to give, is my support. :+1:

If it is optional as the other things being asked for are optional, so those that would want to use a bulkier model can, then definitely, more options is good.

If it is making all Worgens be bulkier? then personally no.

1 Like

Options are definitely great. Still don’t know why Blizzard hasn’t introduced a body shape option yet. I know some people who would love to run around as the skinnier more scary worgen models from back when vanilla wow first came out. Even a more narrower snout which will bring us back to the alpha worgen model would come a long way in making us all different from one another.

1 Like

Returning from my 30 day vacation, to once again support this megathread.

Worgen need more customization options.
Tails, more color options (true black fur) and fur patterns, hairstyles, height according to lore or at least as tall as tauren, tattoos, jewelry, necklaces and other things that already exist in other races as options.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgebtheirclawslashmeleeanimation
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization

:heart: :wolf:

3 Likes

Already done.
In the book on the Eastern kingdoms, Shaw wrote that Ivar Bloodfang managed to take back both Shadowfang keep and Fenris Island.
As Shaw never mentionned anything related to the Horde in this chapter, it’s safe to assume that the Silverpines forest is conquered, a feat not possible if Ivar had to manage a pincer attack from Gilneas and Arathi.

Therefore, Gilneas and the Silverpines forest are most likely under the gilnean banner again - finally.
Now, they have to show it ingame by repopulating Gilneas and rebuild Pyrewood - and maybe the Greyman wall.

Maybe because it takes time to adjust every armor for each body shape option, probably the reason why we didn’t get the skinner Kul tirans despite being the most wanted body shape of this allied race.

And we know how much they love the worgens when we see our heritage armor (bad quality and not the wanted design), its story (shaming the worgen form) and our new customizations options (nearly the least amount of all the core races).
So doing a body shape option like straight male worgen? Not a chance.

1 Like

Yeah that I definitely understand, especially considering how many races we have so far.

Althought straight male worgens shouldn’t be a problem really seeing as they did orcs no problem, if anything hunched back worgens already break a bunch of the chest pieces made for them. Just look at my poor tabard of frost and how scrunched up it is. D:
A straight back options would benefit worgens a lot just like the orcs.

A lot of the 3d models in general just break with male worgens. Just look at this one for a perfect example, here it is when I stand still, and here it is when my back is straight rofl

I’ll have to look more in to that, althought would also make sense considering the whole area of silverpine is definitely completely abandoned by the horde now after they plagued their own city and jumped ship to Ogrimmar.

2 Likes