Worgen Customization Mega Thread

It’s not like we’re use to it.
Since the rework of our model, i felt a gradual form of hatred toward the race in various form : Lore, customization options, Dracthyr’s joke.

And now we got this and i’d like to ask how the devs could be okay to insult so openly an entire community?
As far as i can tell, we are the only one to get such disrespect.

We have yet to see their work about the Draeineis and trolls 's heritage armor, but i bet that there will be more work for them than the worgens.

3 Likes

In the end, why not eliminate the worgen race altogether? It would save them time and money, especially since they seem to show little concern for our worgen form, prioritizing the repeated play for humans… It’s a win-win situation…

Yeah, it’s definitely underwhelming.
I dunno that I’d say it’s 10 years in the making…it’s been wanted for that long, but definitely hasn’t been worked on anywhere near that amount of time. It does feel more like it’s been slapped together in a short amount of time.

1 Like

Well you see, just because they don’t like you, your taste, or the look on your face doesn’t mean they don’t like your sub money.

3 Likes

Considering the general negative reviews of Gilneas (in france even a game journalist from Millenium qualified it as a nightmare), the fact that they remain silent speaks volumes about their consideration for worgens in general and the probalities to have something new.

What do they gain by alienating a large number of players?

Strength for you to keep fighting as a community council member…but you are the evidence that Blizzard doesn’t care about the Council, at all.
I’m sure that even if you wanted to interview the devs responsible of this disaster, they will ignore you, not bothering to say “no”.

8 Likes

I am trying. It’s been a long, hard fight, but I still have to try. It gets bleak in times like this but somehow, I still hold on to that hope. Don’t know how, I just do. Gilneas was a catastrophe but a part of me really thinks they are going to build upon it.

The problem is, is how long do we have to wait, yet again, until that happens? It’s a bad feeling all around.

For those interested, I had posted about the state of worgen on the WoW CC forums. You can check it out here:

11 Likes

Going to repost this list again as the minimum of what Worgen need.

Worgen

Worgen have a unique ability to shapeshift into Human forms, but it feels like this is drawing away from the actual Worgen options that you use the vast majority of the time, also their options are mostly changing fur patterns on similar looking faces.

Worgen Suggestions

Hair/Mane

• Larger and more visible Braids/Patches/extensions.
  • More Hair decorations/accessories. (Maybe a small hat or rose for Females)
  • Separate Beard options and add more beard styles.
  • Mane Color Options.

Face/Eyes/Ears

• Improve the Heterochromia selection in the menu with Left/Right Eye toggles.
  • Improve the Eye Glow Selection and let them use Worgen Eyes in Human form.
  • More Muzzle Shapes and Teeth options.
  • More Ear Selections, including more Wolf-like Options.

Scars

• Separate scars from faces.
  • More facial Scars and Damaged ears.
  • Large Body Scars/Bite Marks/Claw Marks.
  • Scars Visible in Human Form.

Body

• More Darker and Pure Black Fur Colors.
  • Optional Tail Toggle, with Short/Medium/Long and Curled/Thin/Fluffy as well as damaged/stump appearance options.
  • Shaggier Fur options.
8 Likes

You have forgotten:

• Gilnean weapons.
  • Gilnean armor in the Victorian gothic style, not the colored noble for parties one. At the very least Genn’s longcoat (this one only for worgens of course)
  • The Gilnean carriage mount.
  • The Gilnean Gryphon (but closer to THIS style: https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mount.php?mountid=768). We don’t have any flying mount after all.

All of these are equally important to complete the worgen fantasy.

7 Likes

Well none of those are customizations but yeah, those things would be great too.

2 Likes

The real issue is Blizzard would have to put time and effort into a race they killed from the get go. It would be so simple to take the Worgen curse and with Goldrinn help turn it into a blessing not only giving the Gilnean people a reason to want to keep the Worgen ongoing but also explain why some Gilnean are humans and some Worgen.

4 Likes

Very much this, it is very disheartening when a races heritage quest is about saying how they should feel bad for being what they are.

9 Likes

A little up to not forget what we want…albeit the Reclamation of Gilneas shown perfectly that the devs prefer to insult us whenever they can rather than giving us what we want…

6 Likes

Another up to not forget what we wish to have for more customizations options.

1 Like

So many good customization ideas I love it.
:dracthyr_heart:

Blizzard definitely could add a ton of customization to races, and emotes…

2 Likes

Sadly only seems to happen if you’re an elf race. Oh well guess I’ll never stop asking then just to throw that extra little spite into the mix.

Optional tails for Worgen Blizzard.

5 Likes

Can we please get hair color separated from fur color? That would be awesome.

5 Likes

Blizzard is really making us to drink the chalice to the dregs:

As if the “gilnean” suit at the end of the reclamation of Gilneas wasn’t insulting enough, now we’ll get recolors of it removing the little gilnean vibe it had.

It shows that what we got as an armor was a bottom of the drawer took just to quickly fill a quest reward.

At least give us a gilnean blue and gold (see tabard) or a black and gold one.
At least it will look like gilnean.

1 Like

So I kind of have a unhinged suggestion for Customization.

I theorize the Druids of the Flame Defectors will join Night Elves and teach them how to Shaman (Via the Firelands, like the Dark Iron Dwarves.) and hopefully we get them as customization options for the Night Elves.

Relevance?
Well the Kal’dorei and Gilneans are homies, the former even taught the latter how to Druid. What if they extend that to how to Shaman with the Druid of the Flame Defectors?
And as a result get the Fire Druid customization for Their Worgen (And possibly Human.) forms? Imagine Bright Red and Orange Fur, Burning Eyes, etc.
It’s also a great explanation for how The Worgen AND Night Elves get the Shaman class, they got taught to be Druids of the Flame.
(Hilariously I could see the defectors becoming homies with the Dark Iron Dwarves due to the similar pasts and possibly teaching THEM how to Druid, giving the lore explanation for them getting Druids.).

There Blizzard, I just gave you the explanation for 3 separate class combos AND Customization options for you that you can use easily.

Not to mention Expanding the Lore for the Druids of the Flame.

1 Like

/awwoooo to show support

1 Like

As a Harvest Witch, I feel obligated to point out that we learned that stuff on our own, thank you.