Worgen customization - black fur, tails, posture for males

EDIT, ADDITION: The male stoneborn (gargoyles) in Venthyr use the male worgen skeleton but stand upright - this is the same skeleton used by demon hunter demon forms, which in itself is also based on worgen. Stoneborn even still have new sniffing animations. They also have tails (obviously not wolf tails, but the point still stands)…

Male worgen seriously need access to an option to stand tall and upright like these gargoyles do!

Please revisit the worgen customization again. They desperately need it. There are so many races that need actual, fun customization (tattoos, scars, tusks, piercings, etc) like what the orcs and tauren are getting, but I really want to address a worgen concern here…

Worgen desperately need a solid, true black fur color option. No differently-colored hands or feet or fingers or toes. Just solid, true, rich black the same color as the black manes on two of the new fur options. An equivalent to the new solid white, just as striking, but solid black.

Please, I’m begging you, Blizz. This was the only thing I really hoped for out of all the customization options, and it looks like we aren’t getting it, and it’s crushing me.

I’d love to wail on about how I’d do anything for worgen wolf tail options, for an upright posture option for males (and a hunched option for females), and for worgen monks and paladins, and for worgen druids to get options to tank/bear and DPS/cat in their worgen form using their claws, but–

I just want solid, true black fur, if nothing else. That’s so simple and it’s something we’ve needed for so long.

(Although male worgen do very seriously need those posture options, too - it’s ridiculous how short/small they feel right now, even just compared to the female worgen. They’re supposed to be monstrous!)

81 Likes

It’s pretty outrageous that worgen still can’t be monks when literally every single other race can.

Like when even megagnomes can be a monk you know something is stupid.

But more to the thread, I also would like pure black awesomeness.

23 Likes

I’m kind of sad that worgen are getting the “you cannot have hair” treatment Tauren went through.

The women kind of do but it makes them look like porcupines.

7 Likes

If we could get hair options, it’d go a long way to making not all worgen - especially the males - looking pretty much exactly the same.

Even if we don’t get anything that new/extensive, there are so many smaller things that wouldn’t even be that much work to add - like more fur colors, like a solid true black without the white hands/feet; oh God, I’m going to scream - that would also go a long way to letting people create unique worgen.

1 Like

I wanna be the hugh jackman werewolf dangit so I’m with you on that fur option

Look at this Chad of a werewolf

12 Likes

I just want the shoulders on males fixed.

5 Likes

I’d love for their chests to not be completely crunched in so that any details on the chest armor are totally lost, too. Which would be a great reason to have posture options…

I like the hunched look, but I’d like to also not have it if I want. Like orcs.

But gosh darnit I just want that solid black fur, if nothing else. Well, tails would be great, and so would monks, but… I’m doing it again.

Worgen need so much work.

10 Likes

That’s one of, if not, my favorite werewolf version.

A full black fur option would be great.

I’m still hoping we’ll eventually get customization options for the OG Worgen…night elves!
Maybe give options for some purplish fur hues.
All wolf based druid forms. Dire wolf tank, regular wolf (pack form) or worgen form dps, wolfhawk travel…
I’d race change my night elf druid into one so damned fast.

Things like leaves for the manes and stuff like that.

2 Likes

The cgi still holds up. I love this movie.

I remember the ones from Cursed looking pretty neat.

1 Like

Goblins and Lightforged can’t be Monks.

Don’t think I’ve seen that yet.
Behind on a number of shows I need to watch.

1 Like

Lets see if I can find stuff that isn’t too unrated

Okay the cgi for the transformations is wonky in some parts for Cursed but I really like the shots where it’s a practical suit. They’re a little more shaggy like a Werebear. Still a entertaining movie. I mean it’s a Wes Craven movie. Even the weaker ones can still be fun.

But yeah. Van Helsing werewolves are best werewolves. They are the goodest boys

1 Like

Probably the closest thing to Genn looking all badass in that cinematic.

1 Like

Hmmm okay to be fair he did look cool in the BFA trailer.

OOOO I remembered. The remake for The Wolfman was pretty neat too. They did the more classic Wolfman look and wanted to use more practical stuff but they didn’t have the time unfortunately.

Anthony Hopkins as a werewolf. THATS RAD. Apparently he accepted the role just because he got to play a werewolf. Mood.

1 Like

That does look pretty neat…the first image that came up gave me cool Yeti vibes haha.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the classic original Wolfman. So they’re less doggo.

My fav vampires are the ones from Van Helsing and a lovely old 80s movie called Near Dark. A lot of folks from Aliens got together to star in that movie.

Interesting…I should write these down.

The classic wolfman makes me think of “Monster Squad” I watched that a bunch when I was younger.
“Wolfman’s got nards!!”

6 Likes

Lol yup that type of wolfman. I remember Silver Bullet being a pretty okay movie too.

Was googling that one and there’s an image of an indie from '14 Wolfcop…lol.
Sorta looks like Beast from the X-men was a cop instead. Probably silly, but could be a fun watch.

It would be a great disservice to this forum to not point out that he doesn’t have a tail.

3 Likes