Won't launch from Battle.ent

Thanks for the suggestion - was stuck hanging trying to log in - swapping to classic/back to retail worked.

1 Like

This worked for me too

Worked for me as well, thanks.

Howdy!

I want to ensure we look into these recent reports deeper. For reports from the last week is this issue occurring after you press the “Play” button, the client bounces then does nothing or are you seeing any errors?

Thank you.

Indeed, after that, you have to force the game to close, no errors or anything appear

Hi, also having this issue. Clicking “Play” it changes to “Launching” for about a second, then nothing happens…

Howdy!

Does the older workaround from the above posts help at all? Try launching WOTLK or Classic, exit the game then launch Dragonflight using the play button?

Can you launch the game directly from:
/Applications/World of Warcraft/retail/World of Warcraft.app
Does that result in the same behavior?

Note: We have escalated this issue to be reviewed by our QA and Developers. It is currently under investigation. The data in this thread will help us narrow down the source and get it fixed.

Thank you!

Hiya, WOTLK has the same issue and doesn’t launch. I’ve tried launching the retail app from the file location (Windows 10), which doesn’t work, but does open a World of Warcraft background process. Trying to Run as Administrator does the same thing. Happy to supply screenshots or anything that would be helpful! :slight_smile:

Howdy!

I’m going to close this thread these issues do not appear to be related to the original thread. Krysia this is the Mac forums I recommend to post over on the Technical support forums Here for Windows related issues. Anyone else that still runs into this issue feel free to start a new post in the Mac forums.