Won't launch from Battle.ent

When I hit play from Battle net, the Wow icon in my launch bar bounces for a long while. When I right click on it, it says application not responding, and I have to force quit. I can not get the game to play at all, have made no configuration changes to my computer. Help!!

9 Likes

Same issue, was working before maintenance, when I tried today the application fails to start. This happens for Retail, Classic WotLK and classic Era. Trying to open the app from the finder does the same, so it is not only from Battle.net. Also trying to open from a different account or even a guest account on the computer still does not work.

2 Likes

Battle.net launcher works fine. Hit play and get the Blizzard Error app

The application encountered an unexpected error.
ACDF7E45-3DDE-4CD3-AF14-BBF843CEC122

4 Likes

I am having the same issue. Game will not start from BattleNet. Nothing has changed on my system.

2 Likes

Same issues, won’t launch anymore. Just jumping up and down the logo on the dock.

1 Like

Happening here as well.

1 Like

Same problem here.

2 Likes

I’ve had this problem now since last night, originally I reinstalled WoW and it worked, today it started again, I reinstalled again but this time it didn’t work.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a solution? Like will opening the game but not from the battlenet launcher work?

1 Like

I was also running on an old operating system (Big Sur) and had this error. I have been meaning to upgrade for a while, so decided to do that during the downtime today.

I upgraded to Ventura 13.2 and the application works again. Just another data point. I am not sure if this is truly a fix.

1 Like

Similar - Game launches, gets as far as loading the Wow cursor on a black screen and then quits, procing the Blizzard error app: 96AEE702-3A68-4327-A46A-8C97C634005C

Have tried restarting battle.net, the computer, have run scan and repair

Also wont load on the ptr

MacOs 11.7.3

2 Likes

Opening up the app directly also causes the error. (FYI, also on BigSir OS)

2 Likes

Same thing here… so many problems with WoW… don’t know why I even came back to this game…

2 Likes

Jan 24 15:39:13 Sambas-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft.24968.1C1D6E8D-05D8-4B4D-B25B-49214E233458[1679]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

1 Like

As others have said:
WoW app crashes with error when starting from Finder as well as the Battlenet Launcher!
Was working fine yesterday.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on iMac i7 Retina 27" 2017.

4 Likes

Both retail and classic crash on 12.6.3

They both worked yesterday

3 Likes

Same issue here. Really frustraing to not even be able to see any load screen. Just a black screen and then crash, and then a buggy crash reporter swindow.

5 Likes

I’m on day 4 of not being able to launch wow. I use a Mac mini and all was well until this update of 1/24/2023… Since then I’ve submitted so many error codes and looked for other ways to contact Battle net about the issue. Of course there is no other way to contact them, except tech support’s generic help window.

1 Like

Same issue here, ever since 10.5 and just automated ticket responses so far.

It happen to me from time to time. I resolve the issue by launching wow classic, login out and then after wow retail can launch.

1 Like