With the current state of this game, we should not be paying more than $3.00 a month for a sub, not $15.00

Seriously, over 30% of your player base has quit this game already and its a fact, not a rumor. Its sickening that you guys think the game is OK, with little to no communication to their playerbase, why cant you guys be more proactive like FF devs or even NW?

44 Likes

You mean the bugs? Or the scaling issues? All reward problems the level squish caused? The freezing animations in the Argent Tournament? The fact that I flew thru two hills in the Blasted Lands earlier today?

What exactly?

If you want to whine about something, the least you could do is explain what your problem is.

You got Blizzard to cough up sub numbers for the last year ? Brilliant! Let’s have them.

But that still doesn’t explain what your problem is.

Oh, you’re upset because you are not getting any attention from Blizzard.

Okay, carry on.

2 Likes

Shhh im enjoying watching the place burn.

8 Likes

There’s no evidence supporting the numbers you’re claiming.

And no, considering how much entertainment value can be found in WoW, $15 is a fair price. There’s hours upon hours of entertainment in WoW. Compare that to any other activity (like going to the movies) and the value/cost ratio slants heavily towards value for money.

But if you don’t feel like it’s worth it. That’s fine. Stop paying and play something else until the game is worth the price again.

1 Like

Did you miss this part?

If he doesn’t feel it’s worth the price. That’s fine, he can play something else.

2 Likes

This, imho, has always been, is now, and seemingly will always be this company’s truest and greatest failing.

2 Likes

So what’s the source on this… “fact”?..

Sure.

But compared to owning a copy of the movie to take home since they are one time purchases, not so much in WoW Favor’s here. $15 might even get you 15 movies on DVD’s from a retro game store i go to. I got me Face/Off days ago for just a dollar. :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, are you also able to negotiate your hulu subscription if they don’t have the shows you want or is it also a take it or leave it deal?

3 Likes

The OP is saying that the current subscription price is not worth $15 and is only worth $3.

He’s spouting nonsense about how many people have quit. He has zero evidence to support his claim. He’s saying it’s ‘sickening’ that the devs think the game is okay and that they’re not communicating when they don’t think it’s okay, hence all the changes, both large and small coming in 9.1.5 and the increased communication discussing the changes and why they’re happening.

The OP is full of crap, and at the end of the day he has two choices. Pay the subscription fee like everyone else, or if he doesn’t think what’s on offer is worth $15, he can quit and play something else. The sub price is not a negotiation. Either pay it or don’t. (Technically he could buy game time with a token, but then someone else technically paid Blizzard $20 for his game time).

Now, are you done?

1 Like

I don’t agree with the OP either, but i’m not going to act like he’s doing something bad here like you’re doing here for some reason. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

i hate to be that guy but where is this fact? Now certainly the servers feel more empty but i love seeing evidence

100% MANY issues would be mitigated if they talked.

1 Like

Okay sure, let’s say you spend $15 on 15 movies that are each $1 and they’re all good movies.

The average run time for a movie is 2 hours. So, you’ll get 30 hours of enjoyment out of those 15 movies, not counting re-watching them. That’s still less than the 60 hours you get per month assuming a 2-hour play session each day and that value increases as you sink in more hours, so if you put in 5 hours per day, that’s 150 hours.

There are definitely movie services that do compare though, so you are right, just not with that example. You’d get roughly the same amount of entertainment from a Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ or HBO Max subscription because of the large library available on all of those services.

Okay full stop. Why you’re disallowing rewatching, but okay with WoW’s content since most of it is repeatable? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I never understand that. With owning a single-time purchase, you can not only experience something without needing to pay for it again or keep paying to keep your access to it, but you can also replay it again and again over and over and that’s where the value comes in. I’m not going to literally buy a movie to just watch it just once in my life and never again. I bought a movie, so i can watch that movie whenever i darn well please, just like how i bought games to play that game whenever i darn well please. That’s how entertainment works.

If you’re going to look and value entertainment without replaying/rewatching, fine, but can you be consistent with WoW with that ruleset? Because i’m pretty sure WoW has (and this is being very generous here) 100 hours of content at most. And considering how Blizzard is railroading the experience to be more at the endgame and the current expansion, i don’t think it’s a wild of an assumption to make.

I like WoW and there’s a lot of hours to be had, but this whole “WoW is the cheapest in entertainment” is getting really ridiculous without consistency and merit.

Services that provide temporary video games or movies for a monthly fee aren’t really all that valuable. Especially since it would be much cheaper in the long run to just own a copy. Kind of the reason on why i stay away from these services.

1 Like

Has it moments, doesn’t it.

Ye olde clean up the stink bombs quest on WRA was hard work today.

Seems not alot of people in the halloween spirt. Not many alliance to stink up up undercity. Actually had to look for smoke to put out.

1 Like

I spend around $4 for a morning capuccino (yes I know its probably cheaper in the US but we are talking Australian coffee which is, yknow, the Good Stuff). So if I get it almost every day, taking into account I get every 5th one free, I am paying the equivalent of my months sub in 5 days or so, just on coffee.

Seriously, in the greater scheme of things, its not that much. Along with the fact that I often pay for a month with my gold earnings.

it always funny how aussies go out of their way to bash ANYTHING American.

1 Like

As a matter of fact, you are incorrect.

I have visited the US about 8 times, including spending 3 months living there with a very dear American friend in West Virginia, where I was welcomed and treated with kindness during my whole trip. I am very fond of America and Americans and have a whole raft of wonderful memories of my time there. I remember fireflies on a summer evening, sitting on the edge of the Grand Canyon in wonder, the sight of fields full of wildflowers with amazing mountains in the distance, so many great memories.

Doesn’t mean you guys couldn’t do a better job making a decent capuccino… :innocent:

Drops in participation suggest more like a 50% drop in players in the month following 9.1.

Currently normal and heroic raiding is down by 50% over 9.0 and comparable BfA raid tiers, while mythic raiding is up by 30%. Is this a good sign for mythic raiding. or is it like season 1, when mythic raiders did rated PvP until they got their gear, and quit about the time the amazing participation numbers were released. They haven’t been back, and PvP participation has dropped off a cliff.

If PvPers and mythic+ keypushers are only raiding until they get their domination shards and gear, they’re leaving soon. Then what will happen to raiding, if normal and heroic raiding guilds are on an indefinite hiatus?

1 Like

West Virginia gets a lot of crap… but that state is beautiful if mountains and trees are your thing.

If the patches weren’t so slow i would disagree but right now if feels like we’re paying for nothing.